of April 4, 2003 No. 188
About approval of the Regulations on work with refugees in the Kyrgyz Republic
Based on the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About refugees", the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic decides:
1. Approve the enclosed Regulations on work with refugees in the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. Declare invalid the order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic of July 24, 1996 No. 340 "About approval of Provisional regulations for refugees in the Kyrgyz Republic"
Approved by the Order of the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic of April 4, 2003 No. 188
1. This Regulations on work with refugees in the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Provision) are developed according to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About refugees" (further - the Law "About Refugees") and the conventional principles and rules of international law.
2. The refugee the person who is not the citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic and petitioning before the Kyrgyz Republic for recognition of by the refugee which is out of the country of the civil accessory or the place of the permanent residence owing to reasonable concerns to fall victim of prosecutions on the basis of race, religions, nationalities, political convictions, belonging to specific social group, and also real danger to undergo to prosecution in the armed and international conflicts and which cannot, owing to such concerns is recognized, or does not wish to use protection of the country.
3. Person petitioning for recognition by the refugee - person who is not citizen of the Kyrgyz Republic and declares desire to be acknowledged refugee on circumstances, the stipulated in Article 1 Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About refugees".
Members of the family of person petitioning for provision of the status of the refugee in the Kyrgyz Republic or members of the family of the refugee (further - family members - the spouse (a), their minor children and other relatives who are not his (her) dependence on condition of their cohabitation in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
4. This Provision determines procedure for submission of petitions for recognition by the refugee in the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the petition), registration of petitions, considerations of petitions, decision makings about recognition by the refugee and about loss of the status of the refugee.
5. Body, authorized to make decisions on recognition of person by the refugee and loss of the status of the refugee by it in the Kyrgyz Republic, the state body of the Kyrgyz Republic and its territorial structures enabling the realization of migration policy and coordinating the work concerning refugees is (further - authorized body).
The decision on recognition of person by the refugee is made within six months from the date of registration of the petition for provision of the status of the refugee.
If identification of person or establishment of the facts requiring check are not finished, then removal of the final decision is postponed until clarification of those, but for the term of no more than one year.
State bodies of the Kyrgyz Republic cooperate with Management of the High Commissioner of the United Nations for refugees (further - UVKB UN) and other organizations for cases of refugees acting on behalf of UVKB UN and render them assistance in accomplishment of obligations behind observance and application of the international acts concerning refugees.
6. The petition for recognition by the refugee in the Kyrgyz Republic in form according to appendix 1 to this resolution moves person on arrival personally or through the representative on that the representative in authorized body or its territorial structures or in the bodies exercising immigration control at check points through Frontier of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - bodies of immigration control):
- in authorized body and its territorial structures of the petition move persons staying in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic;
- in bodies of immigration control of the petition move persons who addressed to check points through Frontier of the Kyrgyz Republic.
7. Submission of the petition is performed in the presence of identity documents of the applicant and family members. If petitioning declared lack at it of identity documents, then he shall make explanations or provide the documents explaining the reasons of their absence and the information about him registers from his words.
Lack of identity documents of the applicant, is not the reason for refusal in registration of the petition.
8. In case of expression by person of desire to submit the petition at the check point through Frontier of the Kyrgyz Republic, the authorized employee of body of immigration control:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.