of August 1, 2012 No. 383
About approval of the Program of reforming of agricultural industry of the Republic of Tajikistan for 2012 - 2022
According to article 7 of the Law of the Republic of Tajikistan "About the state forecasts, concepts, strategy and programs it is social - economic development of the Republic of Tajikistan" and for the purpose of development of high-profit and profitable agricultural production on the basis of rational use and steady management of natural resources and ensuring food security, the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan decides:
1. Approve the Program of reforming of agricultural industry of the Republic of Tajikistan for 2012 - 2022 and the Actions plan on its realization (appendices 1 and 2).
2. To the ministries and departments, local executive bodies of the government to take necessary measures for implementation of this Program.
3. Under the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan together with the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tajikistan to provide to committee on television and radio extended coverage of the course of accomplishment of the specified Program in mass media.
4. To the Ministry of Agriculture of the Republic of Tajikistan annually to submit the report on the course of accomplishment of this Program in the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan.
Republic of Tajikistan Emomalii Rahmon
Approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan of August 1, 2012 No. 383
1. After acquisition of the state independence in the republic the period of economic reforms began. Since 1992 partial separation of mountain and foothill lands, and also in 1995-1997 of October 9, 1995, No. 342 and of December 1, 1997 began presidential decrees of the Republic of Tajikistan, No. 874 to farmers separated 75 thousand hectares of lands that promoted the population food. After adoption of these decrees part of unemployed population was involved that had important and great value for the problem resolution of employment of the population. For the purpose of effective and rational use of land and water resources, increase in production of agricultural products, the Presidential decree of the Republic of Tajikistan of June 25, 1996 No. 522 "About reorganization of agricultural enterprises and organizations was also accepted" in which implementation process the state order and the prices of agricultural products were declared free that helped liberty of choice and cultivation of products by farmers.
2. The undertaken reform in industry of agricultural industry gave freedom to Dehkan (farmer) farms in the choice and cultivation of all types of crop, and also possibility of carrying out secondary seeding on the exempted fields in many places, in too time the problem resolution of debt of hlopkoseyushchy farms increased sector potential. Transition to new types of the economic relations, the organization of new types of managing and privatization of property, led to radical change of agricultural industry. Today in agricultural industry of the republic there is more 54,3 of one thousand Dehkan (farmer) farms from which 890 constitute associations of Dehkan (farmer) farms, 819 collective Dehkan economy and the 357th cooperative farms.
3. The share of private sector in development of agricultural industry becomes steady. Analyses show that in the republic the agricultural products production volume increases every year. Productions of agricultural products in 2010 in comparison with 1991 increased in 3,2 of time and in general in 2010 in all types farms of the republic it was made grain crops - 1261,1. cotton - potatoes 310,5, - 760,1, of vegetables - 1142,6, melon - 482,4, of fruit - 225,4, and grapes - 124,3, meat - 143, 2, milk - 660, 7 thousand tons, 231,9 eggs of one million pieces that there are more indicators of 1991 (except cotton, meat and eggs) other products, including: grain in - 4,1, of 4,2, potatoes of vegetables - 1.8, melon - 2,8, of fruit - grapes 1,3, - 1,0 and milk - 1, 2 times. The number of cattle constituted 1896,7 of one thousand heads, sheep and goats were constituted by 4394,2 of one thousand heads, birds - 4420,7 of one thousand heads that in comparison with indicators of 1991 respectively increased in time 1,3.
4. It should be noted that in recent years, irrespective of the done harms of natural cataclysms and impact of crisis factors, the agricultural industry is considered it is necessary, steady and one of the sectors developing economy of Tajikistan on average providing 18 - 21% of amounts gross internal produktion. However conceptual issues of agrarian policy, including uncertainty of models of further development of agricultural industry are still not resolved. Therefore for the purpose of increase in efficiency of farm-production and implementation of the Presidential decree of the Republic of Tajikistan of May 30, 2009, No. 663 "About additional measures for support of the agrarian sector" the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan one more resolution of July 2, 2009, No. 406 "About development of the Program of reforming of the agrarian sector is accepted.
5. The program of reforming of agricultural industry of the Republic of Tajikistan (further - the Program) is provided for determination strategic the direction and the methods of providing the high-profit and oriented to export agricultural industry proceeding from general tasks of increase in level of living of rural population of the republic, achievement of food security of the state, and also strengthening of its line items in regional labor division. This Program is based on accepted in the republic of strategic documents as the Millennium Development Goals (MDG), the National strategy of development for the Republic of Tajikistan till 2015, the Strategy of reducing poverty of the Republic of Tajikistan for 2010-2012, the Program of food security of the Republic of Tajikistan till 2015 and the Concept of agrarian policy of the Republic of Tajikistan. The program considers the essential changes in macroeconomic policy and economic and social situation of the agrarian sector, strengthening of impact on it of the processes happening in the world markets and also the situations in national economy arising in connection with world financial and economic crisis happening in recent years. All this determines need of assessment of opportunities of agricultural industry, refining of tasks, purposes and the direction of agrarian policy, sformulirovaniye of evidence-based methods and approaches of elimination of the separate moments.
6. Till 1991 the sector of public managing of the Republic of Tajikistan had considerable potential production the building, agricultural machinery and its repair base, huge infrastructure and oborudovaniye of social assignment, and also extensive network of irrigational and drainage networks and construction, roads and power lines. Also the state companies which rendered necessary construction services to agricultural enterprises, both at the expense of the state, and at the expense of farms were effective. Now the main asset holders of kolkhozes and sovkhozes are almost liquidated and legal successors are accurately not determined by them. Small and average Dehkan farms could not be legal successors as they were not legal entities and had no financial possibility of acceptance on the balance of these objects, and their contents in working order. All these fixed assets according to the legislation shall be transferred to the relevant ministries and departments, and social organizations of local administration and to jamias, however this action for the different reasons is not performed.
7. The weak bank system, insufficiently developed structure of logistics of agricultural industry, lack of the mechanism of subsidizing of farm-production, new system of order placement (total volume of demand and offers) on production volume of agricultural products, lack of sufficient infrastructure of agricultural marketing and imperfect regulatory framework did not provide the necessary rate of development of the agrarian sector. Especially it was required: development and enhancement of system of marketing of the agrarian market, tariffing of agricultural import and systems of standards concerning production and the level of safety of agricultural products. Besides, the existing shortcomings of institutional structure and management system the agrarian sector kept elements of the old Soviet command system inherited from the Soviet era. In the period of the deficit of financial resources concerning world financial and economic crisis, these shortcomings became more noticeable. As institutes of the Soviet era were defunct and on their change more effective and productive structures and the organizations were not framed, such procedure for things created, to some extent, institutional vacuum.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.