of July 4, 2009 No. ZR-158
About public service in the Office of National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia
Accepted by General Court of the Republic of Armenia on June 11, 2009
This Law establishes the basic principles of public service in the Office of National Assembly of the Republic of Armenia (further - the Device) and the relations connected with classification of positions of public service, class ranks of public service, position assignment of public service, certification and retraining of government employees, reserve of personnel of public service, legal status of government employees, management and management of public service in the Device and also other related relations are governed.
Public service in the Device is type of the public service established by the legislation of the Republic of Armenia.
1) public service in the Device (further - public service) - the professional activity which is not depending on change of ratio of political forces, directed to professional servicing of realization of powers and functions of National assembly of the Republic of Armenia (further - National assembly) and its bodies;
2) position of public service - the position provided by the Nomenclature of positions of public service;
3) the Nomenclature of positions of public service - the list of all positions of public service approved according to the procedure, established by this Law;
4) the government employee of the Device (further - the government employee) - person holding any position provided by the Nomenclature of positions of public service (except for temporarily vacant position) or being in short-term reserve of personnel of public service;
5) the passport of position of public service - the document describing the rights and obligations provided by this Law and other legal acts for the government employee holding this position, and establishing requirements imposed to the government employee from the point of view of ownership of professional knowledge and practical skills for the introduction in this position and also for receipt of the corresponding class rank of public service approved in the procedure established by this Law;
6) the class rank of public service - the qualification criterion corresponding to professional knowledge and practical skills of the government employee;
7) certification of the government employee - the process (action) directed to determination of compliance of professional knowledge and working capabilities of the government employee of post;
8) retraining of the government employee - the process (action) directed to enhancement of professional knowledge and working capabilities of the government employee for the purpose of increase in performance excellence of job duties;
9) reserve of personnel of public service - group of the government employees, in the procedure established by this Law holding positions of public service and persons specified regarding 3rd article 23 of this Law;
10) functional audit check - check of execution by the government employee of the obligations and on the questions relating to its activities in the cases and procedure established by this Law and other legal acts;
11) professional working life - the working life corresponding to the qualification specified in the document testimonial of the higher education and if the passport of this position of civil service provides the higher vocational education, in the document testimonial of such education, irrespective of the work performed in the public or private sector. The professional working life includes the work period after receipt of the corresponding qualification.
1. Operation of this Law extends to government employees.
2. This Law does not extend to the persons performing civil work, and also performing maintenance in the Device.
The basic principles of public service are:
1) rule of the Constitution, laws of the Republic of Armenia, priority of rights and freedoms of man and citizen;
2) stability of public service;
3) unity of the main requirements imposed to government employees and equality of government employees before the law;
4) publicity of public service;
5) political correctness of government employees;
6) equal availability to citizens of public service according to their professional knowledge and labor skills;
7) professionalism of government employees;
8) legal and social security of government employees;
9) responsibility of government employees for failure to carry out or inadequate accomplishment of the service duties by them;
10) submission to control and accountability of activities of government employees.
1. The relations connected with public service are regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties of the Republic of Armenia, this Law, the Law of the Republic of Armenia "Regulations of National Assembly", and also other laws and legal acts.
2. Employment relationships of government employees are governed by the labor law of the Republic of Armenia if this Law does not establish features of regulation of these relations.
3. Office relations between government employees are regulated by this Law, other laws and rules the internal regulations of the schedule approved by the chief of staff.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.