of July 13, 2012 No. 107
About bases and procedure for participation of the Kyrgyz Republic in activities for maintenance of international peace and safety
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 7, 2012
This Law regulates bases and procedure for participation of the Kyrgyz Republic in activities for maintenance of international peace and safety by the direction of military, militia and civil personnel out of limits of the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic, the organization of its preparation and ensuring its participation in transactions for maintenance of international peace and safety (peacekeeping missions).
For the purposes of this Law the following concepts are applied:
peacekeeping activities - the peace support operations and other measures undertaken by the UN Security Council according to the Charter of the UN, the regional organizations within the international treaties which became effective in accordance with the established procedure which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, and not being according to the Charter of the UN forced actions and also the international forced actions with use of armed forces performed according to the decision of the UN Security Council made according to the Charter of the UN for elimination of threat to peace, violations of the world or act of aggression;
military personnel - the military observers and the military contingents of Armed Forces and other military forming of the Kyrgyz Republic (military units and divisions with the corresponding arms and military equipment, means of support and providing) sent to structure of peacekeeping forces for accomplishment of tasks on maintenance of international peace and safety;
militia personnel - the law enforcement officers of the Kyrgyz Republic sent to structure of police component of peacekeeping forces for accomplishment of tasks on providing law and order and public safety;
civil personnel - the group of persons sent by the Kyrgyz Republic on voluntary basis to peacekeeping missions for rendering assistance in the problem resolution of refugees, rendering medical, other humanitarian assistance;
military observers - group of persons, the tasks which are not part of the military contingent, sent by the Kyrgyz Republic to peacekeeping missions for accomplishment for observation and control of observance of the Cease-Fire Agreements and other actions promoting continuation of the conflict;
the military contingent - the division of Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic with arms and military equipment directed out of limits of the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and intended for accomplishment of tasks on maintenance of international peace and safety.
1. Participation of military, militia and civil personnel in peacekeeping activities can include:
1) observation and control of observance of the Cease-Fire Agreements and other actions promoting continuation of the conflict;
2) separation of conflicting parties, disarmament and disbandment of their divisions;
3) production of engineering and other works;
4) assistance in the problem resolution of refugees, rendering medical, other humanitarian assistance;
5) accomplishment of militia and other functions on safety of the population and respect for human rights;
6) maintaining according to the Charter of the UN of other international forced actions: establishment of strip of safety; withdrawal of weapon.
2. The Kyrgyz Republic can participate in peacekeeping activities also by means of provision of food, medicines, other humanitarian assistance, means of communication, vehicles and other material resources.
3. Tasks of military, militia and civil personnel on each case of participation in peacekeeping mission are determined according to the mandate of the UN or the regional organizations on carrying out transaction by maintenance of international peace and safety.
1. The legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic on peacekeeping activities is based on the Constitution, international treaties which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic, and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. If the international treaty which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic establishes other rules, than provided by this Law rules of the international treaty are applied.
1. The Kyrgyz Republic independently, taking into account its obligations according to international treaties, determines feasibility of the participation in peacekeeping activities in each case.
2. The direction out of limits of the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic of the military contingents at least two thirds of voices of total number of deputies on the government proposal approved with the President are made for participation in peacekeeping activities and their response based on the decision of Jogorku Kenesh by the majority.
3. The offer made in Jogorku Kenesh shall include data on the area of actions of the specified military contingents, on their tasks, total number, about type and structure of arms, subordination, the term of stay or procedure for its prolongation, replacement procedure and about conclusion conditions.
4. If the offer at least two thirds of voices of total number of deputies of Jogorku Kenesh did not get support of the majority, the military contingents of the Kyrgyz Republic cannot be used outside the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic.
5. In case of change of military-political situation in the place of dislocation of the military contingent of the Kyrgyz Republic threatening with mass death of staff, command of the military contingent has the right to make the decision on evacuation of the military contingent to the safe place.
1. For the purpose of training, special preparation and participation of military personnel in peacekeeping activities as a part of Armed Forces of the Kyrgyz Republic the military contingent is created.
2. The procedure for forming, structure and number of the specified contingent are determined by the authorized state body knowing questions of defense.
Providing the military contingents sent for participation in peace support operations and safety, arms, food, means of communication, vehicles and other material resources, medical and other attendance is performed by the Government.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.