of February 19, 1992 No. 662-XII
About the state scientific and technical policy
This Law determines bases, procedure for forming and carrying out the state scientific and technical policy of Turkmenistan, is directed to creation of optimum conditions for every possible development of science and technology on the basis of enhancement of forms of scientific and technical activities of scientists and use of results of these activities in production of goods, social and spiritual spheres of life of society.
The legislation of Turkmenistan on the state scientific and technical policy consists of this Law and legal acts published according to it which are not contradicting the current legislation.
The state scientific and technical policy - component of social and economic policy of Turkmenistan.
Its main objectives and tasks are:
- determination of the directions, forms and methods of activities for every possible development of science and technology in Turkmenistan;
- creation of necessary economic, organizational and legal conditions for ensuring the advancing development of basic scientific research in the priority directions of scientific and technical progress;
- creation of efficient social and economic and legal mechanism for optimum use of scientific and technical achievements in the solution of humanitarian problems of development of society, accomplishment of tasks of food market saturation, the organization of the high-technology wasteless industry, production of commodities and services, rise of health care and improvement of ecological situation, resource-saving, every possible development of the knowledge-intensive industries of production and achievement on this basis of product competitiveness, enhancement of structure of production;
- ensuring economic, social and legal guarantees, scientific, scientific and pedagogical, inventive and rationalization activities, full material support and social protection of workers of the sphere of science and technology:
- organization of interstate and international sci-tech cooperation.
Regional authorities and managements within the competence promote development of science and technology in the territory, create and finance regional scientific and technical programs from the local budget.
Management and self-government in the field of science and technology is performed on the basis of state and public regulation, use of economic methods, development of competitiveness and competition.
Become the main components of management:
- democratization and decentralization of processes of management of science and technology;
- accurate regulation of functions of executive bodies and the scientific and technical public in management of science and technology;
- transition from the state central planning of development of science and technology to state socially regulation of scientific and technical progress.
State governing bodies of Turkmenistan by preparation, acceptance and implementation of the main programs in science and technology make decisions together with Council for science and technology.
Council on science and technology is formed in case of the President of Turkmenistan and performs management of scientific and technical policy, training for ensuring scientific and technical progress, determines financing of scientific research from fund of science and technology of Turkmenistan.
Council on science and technology is headed by the member of the Presidential Council, the chairman of Committee on science, education and welfare questions under the Presidential Council of Turkmenistan.
Council on science and technology is created of the leading scientists and specialists. Regulations on Council and its structure affirm the President of Turkmenistan.
Council on science and technology of Turkmenistan:
- determines the priority directions and approves the forecast of development of science and technology;
- performs development of criteria for the choice of the most effective programs of scientific and technical progress;
- will organize examination and approves the list of state programs in the priority directions of science and technology;
- exercises control over the implementation of priority programs;
- will organize selection and forming of the state order on use of the scientific and technical developments having important economic value;
- prepares offers on the questions requiring legislative solutions:
- develops the concept of preparation of scientific personnel and specialists in the perspective directions of scientific and technical progress;
- will organize interstate sci-tech cooperation;
- performs other functions provided by Regulations on Council for science and technology.
The State Scientific and Technical Programs (SSTP) are created for the purpose of concentration of efforts on the directions of development of science and technology, priority for Turkmenistan.
Programs (projects) are developed taking into account the Complex forecast of social and economic and scientific and technical development of Turkmenistan.
Offers on the GNTP directions are prepared by Council for science and technology. The arrived projects (concepts) are selected on competitive basis and pass the examination.
The leading research institute and the program manager bear responsibility for ensuring high scientific and technical level of the works performed on the program, completeness and complexity of the actions necessary for achievement of effective objectives.
The state scientific and technical programs are implemented on the basis of the projects having the set resulting effect in the form of specific progressive organizational forms, objects of the new equipment, technology and materials.
For the purpose of assessment of results on strategy implementation of development of science, the equipment provided by this Law, Council for science and technology represents to the Government of Turkmenistan the annual report on activities in science and technology.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.