PRESIDENT OF THE RUSSIAN FEDERATION
1. This Concept represents frame of reference on content, the principles and the main activities of the Russian Federation in the sphere of migration.
2. This Concept determines the purposes, the principles, tasks, the main directions and mechanisms of realization of the state migration policy of the Russian Federation.
3. This Concept is developed according to the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Laws, the Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation in interrelation with the Concept of the state national policy of the Russian Federation, the Concept of population policy of the Russian Federation for the period till 2025, the Concept of long-term social and economic development of the Russian Federation till 2020, the Strategy of homeland security of the Russian Federation till 2020 and other documents of strategic planning, and also with the conventional principles and rules of international law and obligations of the Russian Federation following from international treaties in the sphere of migration.
4. Development of this Concept is performed taking into account domestic and international experience in the sphere of management of migratory processes and caused by need of designation of strategic reference points of migration policy for interrelation with the expected prospects of economic, social and demographic development of the Russian Federation, foreign policy of the Russian Federation and integration processes in the territories of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States, the Customs union and the Common economic space, and also with universal tendencies of globalization. Implementation of this Concept shall promote the problem resolution, interfering effective regulation of migration and decrease in the sociocultural, economic and policy risks connected with inflow of migrants.
5. For the purposes of this Concept the following basic concepts are used:
a) the academic mobility - the international movements of scientists and teachers for the purpose of implementation of scientific and teaching activities, experience exchange, representation of results of researches, and also in other professional purposes;
b) temporary migration - the international or internal migration which is made for a certain period of time without change of the permanent residence. Temporary migration is performed for the purpose of work (temporary labor migration), study (educational migration) and to that similar;
c) long-term migration - the international or internal migration which is made for the long period (at least one year);
d) quoting of attraction of foreign labor power - regulation of number of the foreign workers involved to implementation of labor activity in the territory of the Russian Federation;
e) short-term migration - the international or internal migration which is made for the short term (less than one year). Movements with the recreational purposes, on treatment or in short-term business trips do not belong to migration;
e) migration on the permanent residence - the international or internal migration which assumes change of the permanent residence;
g) illegal migration - the moving to the Russian Federation with violation of the law of the Russian Federation concerning entrance, stay (accommodation) of foreign citizens in the territory of the Russian Federation and (or) implementation of labor activity by them;
h) educational (educational) migration - migration for the purpose of obtaining or continuation of education;
i) organized attraction of foreign labor power (foreign workers) - the activities of the state or representatives of non-state structures for the organization of movements of foreign workers to the Russian Federation including organized set of necessary workers in country of source, their dovyezdny preparation, acceptance and employment on legal causes on in advance allocated workplaces;
j) the seasonal labor migration - type of labor migration of foreign citizens whose work in character depends on seasonal conditions and is performed only during part of year;
k) labor migration - temporary migration for the purpose of employment and performance of works (rendering services).
6. Migratory processes play significant role in social and economic and demographic development of the Russian Federation. For the last two decades the migratory surplus substantially compensated more than a half of natural wastage of the population. According to the calculation of Federal State Statistics Service about perspective population till 2030 (high and average options) considering results of the All-Russian population census and dynamics of demographic processes of the last years, population of the country for the beginning of 2025 will make 142,8 - 145,6 of one million people.
7. Resettlement of migrants on the permanent residence to the Russian Federation becomes one of sources of increase in population of the country in general and its regions, and involvement of foreign workers on priority vocational groups according to requirements of the Russian economy is need for its further forward development.
8. In modern conditions migration of high-skilled employees is important source of accumulating of the human capital providing the economic growth and welfare in host countries. Not accidentally the competition for involvement of such workers has the international scale. One of strategic tasks - creation of conditions and mechanisms for involvement of the highly qualified and qualified specialists of different profile, entrepreneurs and investors demanded by economy, first of all on long-term basis.
9. Now migratory appeal of the Russian Federation in comparison with other countries accepting migrants is low and extends mainly to citizens of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States. Emigratory outflow from the country continues. The migrants of new generations arriving to the Russian Federation from the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States in comparison with their predecessors have lower education level, knowledge of Russian and vocational preparation.
10. Unfortunate trends are observed in internal migrations. The population of the Russian Federation differs in lower territorial mobility (including at the local level) in comparison with other countries. The reasons are caused by big costs for resettlement, backwardness of transportation network, limitation of the market of leasable housing, high cost of housing and its lease, the low income of the most part of the population. Movement from the East in the Center and to the Moscow region remains the main vector of interregional internal migrations that strengthens imbalance in distribution of the population on the territory of the Russian Federation.
11. The migratory legislation of the Russian Federation not fully corresponds to the current and future demands of economic, social and demographic development, interests of employers and the Russian society in general. It is oriented to involvement of temporary foreign employees and does not contain the measures promoting moving on the permanent residence, adaptations and integration of migrants.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.