of January 24, 2002 No. ZR-294
About bodies of homeland security
Accepted by General Court of the Republic of Armenia on December 28, 2001
This Law establishes concept of homeland security of the Republic of Armenia, the place and role of bodies of homeland security of the Republic of Armenia of system of ensuring national security of the Republic of Armenia, the legal basis, the principles, the directions, powers, forces and means of their activities, procedure for social protection of their employees, and also control of their activities.
Homeland security of the Republic of Armenia - condition of the state and society under which safety of the personality, society and state, territorial integrity, sovereignty, the constitutional system, normal development of national economy, protection of material and cultural wealth of society, the rights and freedoms of citizens, the environment from internal and external threats is ensured.
Functions on ensuring national security of the Republic of Armenia within the competence perform relevant organs of public administration.
Bodies of homeland security are component of system of ensuring national security of the Republic of Armenia and ensure within the competence safety of the personality, societies and the states.
The service of homeland security (further - authorized body) is the body subordinated to the Prime Minister. The system of bodies of homeland security of the Republic of Armenia consists of authorized body, including the central and regional bodies of border troops, training centers, special and other divisions.
1. The common directorship of activities of authorized body is performed by the Government.
2. Control of authorized body is exercised by the Prime Minister, and direct management - the head of authorized body.
3. In system of authorized body information agencies, counterintelligence, military counterintelligence and investigating bodies in accordance with the established procedure are effective.
4. The authorized body in the territory of the Republic of Armenia performs operational management of work of the bodies and divisions performing the intelligence activities connected with problems of homeland security.
5. The structure of authorized body is established, proceeding from this Law.
1. Direct management of authorized body is performed by the director of Service of homeland security whom appoints to position and the President of the republic according to the proposal of the Prime Minister dismisses.
2. The proposal of the Prime Minister is submitted in writing and includes name, surname, middle name, day, month, year of birth of person provided to appointment, data on labor activity and rank.
3. The draft of the corresponding presidential decree of the republic about position assignment or dismissal is attached to the proposal of the Prime Minister.
4. The president of the republic in three-day time after receipt of the proposal of the Prime Minister signs the draft of the decree attached to the offer or returns it to the Prime Minister with objections.
5. If the Prime Minister in five-day time does not accept objection of the President of the republic, then the President of the republic in three-day time after the expiration of five-day term signs the decree or appeals to the Constitutional court.
6. If the Constitutional court makes the decision on recognition of the offer provided by the Prime Minister to the President of the republic corresponding to the Constitution, then the President of the republic in three-day time signs the relevant decree.
7. If the Constitutional court makes the decision on recognition of the offer provided by the Prime Minister to the President of the republic contradicting the Constitution, then the Prime Minister submits the new offer within five-day term according to the procedure, established by part 2 of this Article.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.