of March 31, 2012 No. 284-IV
About traffic safety
This Law determines the legal basis of safety control of traffic in the territory of Turkmenistan, governs the relations arising in the field of traffic safety and is aimed at providing protection of life, health and property of citizens, protection of their rights and legitimate interests, and also the environment.
In this Law the following main terms are used:
1) the pedestrian - the person who is out of transport and not performing any works on the road;
2) the driver - person managing any transport, the driver of the pack, riding cattle or the driver of herd on the road. Person training to management of transport is equated to the driver;
3) trail car - the vehicle which is not equipped with the engine and intended for movement as a part of mechanical transports;
4) transport - the device intended for transportation across roads of people, loads or the equipment installed on it;
5) it is expensive - the strip of the earth equipped or adapted and used for movement of vehicles or the surface of artificial feature. The road includes one or several carriageways, and also tramroads, sidewalks, roadsides and lane lines in case of their availability;
6) the passenger - person who is in the vehicle except the driver, and also person entering the vehicle (which is sitting down in it) or going out of the vehicle (descending from it);
7) traffic - set of the public relations arising in the course of movement of people and loads on roads by means of vehicles or without those;
8) the participant of traffic - person which is directly involved in the course of traffic as the driver, the pedestrian, the passenger of the vehicle;
9) the organization of traffic - complex of organization-legal, organizational and technical actions and administrative actions for mission control on roads;
10) the road accident - the event which arose in the course of movement of the vehicle on the road and with its participation, served as cause of death or wounds of people, causing material harm to vehicles, loads, constructions;
11) traffic safety - the traffic condition reflecting degree of security of his participants from the road accidents and their effects;
12) traffic safety control - the activities directed to the prevention of origins of the road accidents, decrease in weight of their effects.
1. The legislation of Turkmenistan on traffic safety is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan, the universally recognized norms of international law and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
2. If the international treaty of Turkmenistan establishes other rules than provided by this Law, then rules of the international treaty are applied.
The basic principles of safety control of traffic are:
1) priority of life and health of persons participating in traffic over economic results of economic activity;
2) priority of responsibility of the state for safety control of traffic over responsibility of persons participating in traffic;
3) observance of the rights and legitimate interests of citizens, societies and the states in case of traffic safety control;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.