of September 25, 2003 No. 215
About financial and economic bases of local self-government
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 27, 2003
By meeting of national representatives of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic it is not considered
Approved according to item 4 of article 59 of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic in edition of the laws of the Kyrgyz Republic "About modification and amendments in the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic" of February 16, 1996, No. 1, "About modification and amendments in the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic" of October 21, 1998 No. 134, "About introduction of amendments to article 5 of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic" of December 24, 2001 No. 112
This Law governs the financial and economic relations of local government bodies of the ayylny aimag and city with state bodies, other local government bodies, legal entities and physical persons, and also determines procedure and the principles of forming and execution of the local budget and off-budget funds of local government bodies of the ayylny aimag and city.
1. The budget system of the Kyrgyz Republic - the system of the relations regulated by rules of law on creation, consideration, approval and execution republican and local budgets, off-budget funds, based on the economic relation and state system of the Kyrgyz Republic.
2. The government budget of the Kyrgyz Republic consists from republican and local budgets, includes the income and expenses.
3. The local budget - the budget of local community of the ayylny aimag and city which forming, approval and execution perform local government bodies.
4. The income of the local budget - the money going according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic into the disposal of local government bodies.
5. Expenses of the local budget - the money aimed at financial provision of tasks and functions of local government bodies.
6. Transfers - the budgetary funds provided by the budget of one level to the budget of other level of the budget system of the Kyrgyz Republic.
7. Grants - the transfers provided by the republican budget to local budgets on non-paid and irretrievable bases.
8. Categorical grants - the transfers provided from the republican budget on non-paid and irretrievable basis for financing of the certain expense types of the local budget guaranteed by the state.
9. The leveling grants - the transfers provided from the republican budget for ensuring financing of expenses of local budgets according to the minimum state social standards for the purpose of maintenance of stable economic and social situation.
10. The equity (stimulating) grants - the transfers provided from the republican budget to local government bodies for the purpose of stimulation of effective expenditure of budgetary funds, means according to the state priority programs and projects, increases in the income of local budgets and more complete mobilization of local sources of the income.
11. Settlement - the money transferred into local budgets or from them within fiscal year in connection with changes in the income and/or expenses owing to decisions/obligations assumed by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic or other executive bodies, which is not provided in approved budgets; and/or owing to changes in the production rate, the prices or other processes taking place in national economy and which differ from the budgetary mid-term forecast used as basis for forming of the budget.
12. Voluntary contributions - the money provided to local budgets and off-budget funds by physical persons or legal entities on non-paid and irretrievable bases for accomplishment of the tasks and functions entering competence of local government bodies.
13. The minimum state social standards - standards of the state services which provision at the minimum level is guaranteed to citizens by the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic.
14. The minimum fiscal capacity - the minimum level of the money necessary for local government bodies for provision of the minimum state social standards within their territory.
15. Sources of the income of the local budget - the local taxes and charges, non-tax receipts; the taxes and the income distributed at the republican level; transfers, voluntary contributions.
16. Municipal property - the property of local communities which is in ownership, use, the order of local government bodies, being source of receipt of the income of local self-government and necessary for implementation of functions of local self-government according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic.
17. Loans of local government bodies - the urgent contractual commitments assumed by local government bodies by the conclusion of the loan agreement and/or release of municipal securities by means of which local government bodies receive money with the obligation to return loan amount and to pay interest for using.
18. Off-budget funds of local government bodies - the funds created by local government bodies on the basis of voluntary contributions for implementation of the social and economic programs and projects which are not provided by local budgets.
Financial and economic bases of local self-government are based on the following principles:
- differentiations of functions of the government and local government bodies;
- providing with necessary financial and economic means for the solution of questions of local value;
- providing with necessary financial and economic means for execution of the delegated state powers;
- independence of local keneshes in management of financial and economic means of local self-government.
1. The income of local budgets consists of the local taxes and charges, non-tax receipts; the taxes and the income distributed at the republican level; transfers, voluntary contributions.
2. Income of local budgets gained from the local taxes and charges and non-tax receipts is not subject to withdrawal in the budget of other level.
3. Loans do not join in the income of local budgets.
4. The income which is in addition received in case of execution of the local budget and distributed according to standard rates of the assignments approved according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic and also the amounts of excess of the income over expenses which are formed on the end of the year as a result of overfulfillment of the income or economy in expenses remain at the disposal of local government bodies. The above-named income is not subject to withdrawal and is used on financing of expenses of the local budget at the discretion of local keneshes.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.