of April 6, 2012 No. 422
About approval of the National plan for the prevention of oil spills and to response to them in the sea and internal reservoirs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and modification of the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 18, 2010 No. 1072 "About approval of the Program for development of oil-and-gas sector in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010 - 2014"
According to the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 18, 2010 "About approval of the Program for development of oil-and-gas sector in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010-2014" the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan DECIDES: No. 1072
1. Approve the enclosed National plan for the prevention of oil spills and response to them in the sea and internal reservoirs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - the National plan).
2. Bring in the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 18, 2010 No. 1072 "About approval of the Program for development of oil-and-gas sector in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010-2014" the following change:
in the Program for development of oil-and-gas sector in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010-2014 approved by the specified resolution:
in the Section 5 "Program Implementation Stages":
2) parts thirty eighth of Item 6 to exclude the subitem.
3. Recognize invalid some decisions of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan according to appendix to this resolution.
4. Control of execution of the National plan to assign to the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. This resolution becomes effective from the date of signing.
Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Approved by the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of April 6, 2012, No. 422
1. The national plan for the prevention of oil spills and response to them in the sea and internal reservoirs of the Republic of Kazakhstan (further - the National plan) No. 1072 "About approval of the Program for development of oil-and-gas sector in the Republic of Kazakhstan for 2010 - 2014" is developed according to the order of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan of October 18, 2010.
The purpose of the National plan is creation of national system of ensuring rapid, effective and qualified response to the oil spills causing pollution of ecological nature, and accomplishment of the corresponding transactions on liquidation of their effects.
The main objective of the National plan are providing timely, complex and effective measures of the prevention, readiness of response to the emergency oil spills which are attracting or which entailed damnification to the environment based on risks assessment and environmental impact assessment.
2. Ensuring safe operation of production facilities for the purpose of non-admission of oil spills in case of accidents, incidents, preventions of emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature, protection of the population, subjects to managing and the territory of the country against impact of the striking (destroying) factors of emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature is performed according to the Ecological code of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the laws of the Republic of Kazakhstan of July 5, 1996 "About emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature", of April 3, 2002 "About industrial safety on hazardous production facilities", of May 7, 1997 "About Civil defense", of June 24, 2010 "About subsoil and subsurface use", other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan and international treaties ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. Requirements of the National plan extend to the central state and local executive bodies of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
4. The national plan is effective in waters of the Caspian and Aral seas within the borders defined by international treaties, internal reservoirs and coastal zones of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
5. Investigation of the reasons of oil spill, compensation of losses and recovery of the environment from oil spill is made according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
6. The concepts applied in the National plan correspond to the concepts used in the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
1. Actions for the prevention of oil spills
7. According to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan the main objectives of the prevention of oil spills are:
1) operational collection, processing and information analysis about potential sources of oil spills;
2) forecasting of possible emergence of oil spills and their effects on the basis of the operational actual and practical information arriving from departments and services of observation;
3) development and efficiency evaluation of implementation of measures for the prevention, reaction and liquidation of oil spills;
4) approval of the plan for the prevention and liquidation of the oil spills developed and approved in accordance with the established procedure according to requirements for their development and approval;
5) creation of own forming (divisions) for liquidation of oil spills, carrying out certification of the specified forming according to the legislation, equipment by their special technical means or the conclusion of agreements with the professional rescue units (services) which are performing works on liquidation of oil spills, having the corresponding licenses and (or) certified in accordance with the established procedure;
6) content in good repair processing equipment, advance holding technical actions, directed to prevention of possible oil spills and decrease in scales of danger of their effects;
7) development of declarations of industrial safety of hazardous production facilities;
8) the organization and implementation of production control over observance of requirements of industrial safety on hazardous production facility;
9) assumption to work on hazardous production facility of persons meeting the conforming qualification requirements and not having medical contraindications to the specified work;
10) creation and maintenance in readiness of the system of detection of oil spills, and also communication and warning systems.
8. The physical persons and/or legal entities performing any transactions at the sea, or internal reservoirs of the Republic of Kazakhstan and also performing temporary storage and oil transportation (further - persons), take all necessary measures established by the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan for non-admission of oil spills and pollution of coastal zone.
9. According to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of emergency situations and subsurface use, person together with territorial authorities in the field of emergency situations of natural and technogenic nature provide annual inservice training of own production personnel and personnel of coast guards, and also stage drills and the alarms as close as possible to real conditions.
10. Carrying out drilling operations from the boring barge or platform in the presence of ice cover on the water area available to navigation, is provided with permanent presence of the ship of icebreaking type with the equipment necessary for localization of possible oil spill until delivery of special funds from coastal bases and providing open water space at boring in the sizes sufficient for implementation of actions for liquidation of oil spills.
11. Opening of the productive horizon of subsalt thickness and testing of wells with the expected extreme pressure and high content of hydrogen sulfide is not recommended to be carried out in severe ice conditions at the sea.
2. Planning of actions for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills
12. Planning of actions for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills is the most important factor of increase in efficiency of works on prevention of emergencies when carrying out transactions at the sea, or internal reservoirs of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and also when implementing temporary storage and oil transportation.
13. Heads of the organizations approve the plans of the organization for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills developed according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the field of industrial safety and emergency situations.
14. The plan of the organization for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills requires legislative regulation regarding its content on inclusion in it:
1) instructions of the notification and informing, with fixing of responsible persons;
2) locations of objects where oil spills are possible;
3) instructions for priority provision of channels and communication networks to the body performing liquidation of oil spills;
4) the analysis of situations of possible oil spill with indication of the area and probable distribution of flood on the basis of computer simulation;
5) cards of placement of settlements, sensitive natural objects, docks and fuel stations ashore, storage locations and removal of the extracted oil and oil waste;
6) determinations of all existing risks of oil spills;
7) the list of the equipment of sea vehicles and availability of the trained personnel for liquidation of oil spills, both in case of spouting, and in case of leakage;
8) location and type of the equipment, vehicles, materials, personnel, and technique of works on liquidation of oil spills;
9) calculation of time necessary to start works and liquidation of oil spills;
10) personnel trainings and doctrines;
11) the list of the officials and organizations notified in case of accident and participating in its liquidation;
12) responses to oil spills;
13) distributions of obligations between the personnel participating in accident elimination, the sequence of their actions;
14) labor protection and safe engineering in case of liquidation of oil spills;
15) organizations of temporary storage of collected oil and waste, technologies and methods of their utilization;
16) notifications of state bodies and reporting;
17) immediate localization of cleaning of the sea owing to pollution;
18) operational space monitoring of oil spills with determination of the territory of oil spill, the area of contamination of sea surface, movement of oil slick;
19) removals of oil garbage for the purpose of prevention of secondary pollution;
20) cleanings of pollution of designs of piers, piers, moorings;
21) cleanings of the body of courts and underwater details of cargo, fishing and pleasure crafts;
22) cleanings of fishing equipment.
15. The plan of the organization for the prevention and liquidation of oil spills shall correspond to Regional plans according to the prevention and liquidation of oil spills of Atyrau, Mangystau, West Kazakhstan, Kyzylorda, East Kazakhstan, Pavlodar, Almaty, Jambyl, Karaganda regions and Aktau port which will be approved within six months after adoption of this National plan.
1. Classification of oil spills by levels and reasons of their origin
16. Based on analysis results of the international practice of the prevention of oil spills and responses to them, oil spills arise in case of:
1) works (transactions) connected with search of mineral deposits and their assessment;
2) works (transactions) relating to the state geological studying of subsoil, investigation and (or) mining;
3) works (transactions) which are carried out for the purpose of construction, laying and operation of oil and gas pipelines on the land, the rivers, lakes, the seas and other internal reservoirs;
4) drilling, workover and oil extraction;
5) mistakes of production personnel;
6) non-compliance with requirements of antigushing safety;
7) non-compliance with requirements of industrial safety;
8) mechanical damages of pipelines as a result of activities of the person during operation and owing to foreign intervention;
9) carrying out other oil operations;
10) accidents on oil tankers, including grounding, the fire, explosion;
11) industrial accidents, including oil and gas fountains (emissions of hydrogen sulfide, containing oil and gas over 100 m 3), gas, oil and water shows, grifonoobrazovaniye, the fires, explosions, floodings, collapses of sea constructions and platforms, negative impact on the environment of the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the adjacent states, sudden building collapse and constructions;
12) in case of cargo operations on terminals, modulations of tankers and damages of cargo tankers in case of mooring transactions;
13) to oil leakage from the flooded wells;
14) depressurizations of reservoirs, pipelines and processing equipment;
15) failure of the service equipment (unloading system, face consolidations, pumping of leakages, lubricant, chilling of electric motors, instrumentations and automatic equipment);
16) defects of the protivovybrosovy and estuarial equipment;
17) corrosion of metal of external, internal walls and bottom of the reservoir, internal corrosion of metal;
18) internal defects of metal of the pipelines connected with scrap of manufacturer or owing to the concealed mechanical damages put during construction, operation;
19) violation of isolation of the oil pipeline;
20) violation of normal work of electrochemical protection of the oil pipeline;
21) fatigue, depreciation of metal.
17. According to the standard rates and requirements to the materials and substances necessary for work on cleaning of the sea approved by the order of the Government RK of December 31, 2010 No. 1524 (further - Standard rates) oil spills are subdivided into floods of the first, second and third levels.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.