of July 18, 2002 No. 1245-XV
About training of citizens for protection of the Homeland
The Parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) This law establishes forms, conditions and procedure for training of citizens of the Republic of Moldova for protection of the Homeland.
(2) Operation of this law extends to the recruits, the military personnel performing military service in armed forces and the reservists staying on the military registry.
(3) This law establishes obligations of bodies of the public power, public organizations and business entities on training of citizens for protection of the Homeland.
(1) the Conscription is the constitutional debt of citizens of the Republic of Moldova.
(The Conscription provides 2):
a) condition on military accounting;
b) execution of military service;
c) participation in other forms of preparation for protection of the Homeland.
(3) Citizens who based on conscience are exempted from execution of conscription (military service with weapon) pass civil service which replaces military service, according to the procedure, established by the law. Civil service there can pass also other citizens according to the legislation.
(1) Military accounting of citizens is component of nation-wide system of accounting and the analysis of the human and material resources necessary for protection of the Homeland.
(2) Males are accepted on military accounting of age on reaching them 16 years and are excluded from military accounting on reaching age limit of stay in reserve or in other cases provided by this law.
(3) female Persons are accepted on military accounting only in case of transfer in reserve after execution of military service under the contract and are excluded from military accounting on reaching age limit of stay in reserve or in other cases provided by this law.
(1) the Military service is special type of public service and consists performed by citizens of the constitutional debt on preparation for protection and protection of the Homeland only in armed forces of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) the Military service is obligatory for all citizens of the male Republic of Moldova and is performed in the following forms:
a) military service under the contract;
b) compulsory military service;
c) the reduced military service;
d) military service of the reservists called on military charges or on mobilization.
(3) Are considered being on military service and students of educational institutions of the sphere of military science.
(4) the female Persons having necessary special preparation can perform military service under the contract.
Other forms of training of citizens for protection of the Homeland are implied as preconscription training of youth, training at military departments, preparation in forming of civil protection and in voluntary sanitary teams of the Red Cross, preparation in training centers of reserve of Armed forces.
(1) For the organization of acceptance on military accounting and appeal of citizens on military and civil service in administrative and territorial units of the second level and autonomous territorial educations with special status the territorial commissions on acceptance on military accounting and to appeal on military and civil service (the daleeprizyvny commissions) are created. In case of need the draft commissions can be created also in sectors.
(2) For the purpose of coordination of activities of the draft commissions the State draft commission is created.
(1) the Citizens accepted on military accounting to their appeal on military or civil service or transfers in reserve hereinafter are referred to as as recruits.
(2) the Citizens performing military service hereinafter are referred to as as the military personnel.
(3) the Citizens enlisted in reserve hereinafter are referred to as as reservists.
In case of acceptance on military accounting, appeal on the urgent or reduced military service, transfer on military service under the contract, by challenge of recruits and reservists for clarification of the validity to military service for health reasons citizens go the medical examination performed at the expense of means of the local budget according to requirements of the Regulations on military-medical examination in Armed forces of the Republic of Moldova approved by the Government to the military centers.
The citizens who are performing military service or passing civil service use social and legal protection of the state according to the law.
The regulation of training of citizens for protection of the Homeland is based on observance of provisions of the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, this law, other regulations in the field of defense, and also international agreements, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.
The document ceased to be valid since February 17, 2023 according to the article V of the Law of the Republic of Moldova of December 29, 2022 No. 365