of May 10, 2001 No. 140-XV
About State Labour Inspection
The parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) the State Labour Inspection is the administrative authority subordinated to the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection, with the location in municipium of Chisinau.
(2) the State Labour Inspection exercises the state control of observance of legal and other regulations in the field of work, health protection and labor safety at the companies, in organizations and the organizations, irrespective of type of property and form of business, the physical persons hiring workers and also in bodies of the central and local public authority (further - employers).
(2-1) regarding, the state control provided in the part which is not settled by this law (2), concerning persons performing business activity is planned, carried out and registered according to provisions of the Law on the state control of business activity No. 131/2012.
(2-2) State Labour Inspection exercise the state control of activities of the private agencies and unlicensed intermediaries performing activities for employment of citizens of the Republic of Moldova abroad in accordance with the terms, the provided by the Law on assistance of employment of the population and insurance on unemployment No. 105/2018 and other regulations.
(4) the territorial inspectorates of work which are operating in each administrative and territorial unit of the second level, not having the status of the legal entity are Under supervision of State Labour Inspection.
(5) the Ministry of Defence, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, Service of information and safety, Service of the state protection, National penitentiary administration and the National center for fight against corruption will organize activities for inspection in the field of work, health protection and labor safety through own specialized services given appropriate authority only for subordinated structures.
Provisions of international treaties, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova, are priority in relation to regulations of this law.
Tasks of State Labour Inspection are:
a) ensuring application of provisions of the legal and other regulations relating to working conditions and protection of workers in case of accomplishment of the functions by them;
b) distribution of information on the most effective remedies of compliance with law in the field of work, health protection and labor safety;
c) informing the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection on the shortcomings connected using the legislation in the field of work, health protection and labor safety.
(1) For accomplishment of the tasks provided in Article 3, State Labour Inspection performs the following functions:
a) controls compliance with law in the field of work, health protection and labor safety;
b) investigates according to the procedure, established by the Government, labor accidents;
c) gives on demand methodological help in process of preparation, training and informing employers and workers, and also other interested persons in legislation scope in the field of work, health protection and labor safety;
d) provides on demand free consultations to employers and workers in the sphere of the competence;
e) performs other powers provided by the law.
(2) the State Labour Inspection has the right:
a) request and receive information necessary for implementation of the functions from bodies of the central and local public authority, legal entities and physical persons;
b) state offenses and constitute protocols according to regulations of the Code of the Republic of Moldova on offenses.
The State Labour Inspection for the purpose of accomplishment of the tasks cooperates with other bodies, organizations and the organizations performing similar activities, patronages and labor unions. Forms of cooperation are established by agreement of the parties.
The structure and number of employees of State Labour Inspection are established by the Government.
(2) Personnel of State Labour Inspection, including territorial inspections of work, are created of inspectors of work and other specialists who are government employees whose status provides them stability in positions and independence of any government changes and any unforeseen impact from the outside, and also support personnel. To position of the inspector of work persons with the higher education in the field of engineering and engineering activities, the right or economy are accepted.
(3) Employment in State Labour Inspection is performed according to the procedure, established by the legislation, it is exclusive based on suitability of the candidate to accomplishment of tasks which will be assigned to it.
(4) the Inspector of work in case of accomplishment of the functions submits only to the higher chief and the law.
(5) intervention in any form in activities of inspectors of work for the purpose of coercion them is not allowed to inadequate accomplishment of the functions.
(1) When implementing the functions the inspector of work, upon presentation of the official ID, has the right:
a) have easy access at any time or nights, without prior notice the employer, on workplaces, to service and production premises;
b) request and obtain the documents and information necessary for control from the employer;
c) require and receive, within the competence, explanation from the employer and workers;
d) require immediate or at the scheduled time of elimination of the revealed violations of provisions of the legal and other regulations relating to working conditions and protection of workers in case of accomplishment of the functions by them.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.