Unofficial translation (c) Soyuzpravoinform LLC
of March 13, 2012 No. 4499-VI
About system of the emergency help to the population according to single telephone number 112
This Law determines the legal and organizational principles of functioning of system of the emergency help to the population by single telephone number 112.
1. In this Law the terms below are used in such value:
1) the emergency communication - connection with the help of services of interpersonal electronic communications between the end user, the communication center "Service 112" (further - Service 112) or operational and dispatching service for the purpose of request and receipt of the emergency help;
2) the emergency help to the population - carrying out by divisions the emergency help to the population of urgent actions for prevention of origin, during origin or mitigation of consequences of emergency situations;
3) emergency situation - the situation menacing to health, life, property or the surrounding environment, public order, other dangerous events;
3-1) emergency service - the service providing the organization and rendering the emergency help to the population (operational rescue service of civil protection - 101, police - 102, the emergency medical care - 103, emergency service of gas - 104);
4) operational and dispatching services - components of the emergency services which the relevant services of public authorities and local government bodies which perform the emergency communications treat and process information on them, perform information support and coordination of actions of divisions of the emergency help to the population and control of provision of such help;
5) divisions of the emergency help to the population - components of the emergency services which rescue and fire fighting divisions, divisions of rescue and emergency services treat of National police of Ukraine, other law enforcement agencies, the centers of the emergency medical care and medicine of catastrophic crashes, other healthcare institutions of system of the emergency medical care which work in the continuous and round-the-clock mode, equipped with necessary technical means and give emergency help to the population;
6) system of the emergency help to the population according to single telephone number 112 (further - system 112) - set of the subjects determined by this Law which provide the organization of rendering the emergency help to the population for the principle of "single window" with use of technical means of electronic communications;
7) information and communication system 112 - the system component 112, which is functional subsystem of unified information system of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine and constitutes set of hardware and software system and the electronic communication networks intended for implementation of the emergency communications, their processing, storage, information transfer about them to the relevant operational and dispatching services which bring it to the attention of the relevant divisions of the emergency help to the population for rendering such help;
8) other technical means of electronic communications - the means of communication providing access to Service 112 and the emergency services by means of SMS messages, exchange of messages, video or other types of communication;
9) the principle of "single window" - the principle according to which access to all emergency services or one of them is provided according to single telephone number 112;
10) point of call acceptance of safety (PSAP) - the physical place in which the emergency communication is provided first of all.
2. Other terms are used in this Law in the values given in the Code of civil protection of Ukraine, in the laws of Ukraine "About personal data protection", "About information", "About information security in information and communication systems", "About electronic communications", "About the emergency medical care".
1. Legal relationship in the sphere of the emergency help to the population are regulated by the Constitution of Ukraine, the Code of civil protection of Ukraine, this Law, Bases of the legislation of Ukraine on health care, the laws of Ukraine "About information", "About electronic communications", "About information security in information and communication systems", "About National police", "About housing and communal services" and other regulatory legal acts.
2. If international treaties of Ukraine which consent to be bound is provided by the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine establish other rules, than those which are provided by this Law are applied rules of international treaties of Ukraine.
1. The system 112 provides the organization of provision of the emergency help to the population in case of threat of origin or emergence of emergency situations.
2. Operational and dispatching services and divisions of the emergency help to the population belong to subjects of system 112 Service 112,.
3. The service 112 is point of call acceptance of safety (PSAP) and structural division of organization which treats the sphere of Regional Office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine.
4. For the emergency communications single telephone number 112 and telephone numbers of the emergency services 101, of 102, 103 and 104 is used.
5. The emergency communication is performed free of charge.
6. The system 112 provides access to single telephone number 112 and telephone numbers of the emergency services 101, of 102, to 103 and 104 all persons who are in the territory of Ukraine, including to persons with disability and to persons who do not know state language, by means of voice calls and other technical means of electronic communications.
1. The basic principles of functioning of system 112 are rapid round-the-clock urgent response to the emergency communications and integrated approach to provision of the emergency help to the population.
1. Regulation of system 112 is performed by the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, the Ministry of Internal Affairs, other executive bodies and local government bodies.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.