of May 8, 2003 No. 190-XV
The parliament adopts this organic law.
This law determines legal status of veterans - citizens of the Republic of Moldova, regulates their economic and social rights and guarantees for the purpose of creation of worthy vital conditions by it, ensuring participation of veterans in public life, and also supports of activities of the veteran organizations.
(1) the Legislation on veterans is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, consists of this law, other laws and regulations.
(2) If provisions of this law contradict provisions of international treaties, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova, provisions of international treaties are applied.
Social policy of the state provides satisfaction of vital needs of veterans by means of:
a) provisions of the rights and guarantees, implementation of the measures guaranteeing them health and wellbeing, medical attendance, and also necessary social services;
b) providing with pensions and benefits with their periodic indexation according to the current legislation;
c) implementation of social payments according to the current legislation.
Social protection of veterans is performed by application as extra institutional forms with providing their substantive rights, and institutional forms with provision of social services.
The realization of the rights of veterans is enabled at sight by them certificates of the veteran. The procedure for assignment of the status of the veteran and certification is established by the Government.
(1) Veterans are the citizens of the Republic of Moldova who deserved recognition of the state and society long and honest work in certain field of activity or faultless military service.
(2) the following categories of veterans Are established:
a) veterans of war;
b) veterans of work;
c) veterans of military service;
d) veterans of law-enforcement bodies, National center for fight against corruption, state security agencies and system of penitentiary administration.
(1) Veterans of war are persons who were involved in fighting during World War II in fighting in the territories of other states, in fighting on protection of territorial integrity and independence of the Republic of Moldova or in providing military units of field army in areas of fighting, and also the persons passing military service or who worked in the back in the years of World War II and awarded with awards or medals of the former USSR for faultless service and dedicated work in the years of World War II.
(2) Veterans of war are recognized:
1) participants of war:
a) the military personnel passing military service in the military divisions, parts, headquarters and military organizations which were part of field army in the years of World War II or during other combat operations on protection of the former USSR and also persons acting as a part of guerrilla groups;
b) the military personnel who was involved in World War II as a part of the Romanian army and being citizens of the Republic of Moldova;
c) the civilian faces of armed forces, law-enforcement bodies and state security agencies of the former USSR occupying in the years of World War II established posts in the military divisions, parts, headquarters and military organizations which were part of field army;
d) persons which were during World War II as a part of military divisions, parts, headquarters and the military organizations which were part of field army and fleet as sons of regiment (pupils of military units) or ship's boys;
e) persons who were involved in the years of World War II as a part of guerrilla groups, the underground organizations and other anti-fascist forming in military operations against fascist Germany in the territories of other states;
f) persons who were involved in fighting in Afghanistan and also in fighting in the territories of other states, from among the military personnel and civilians of the Soviet Army, Navy, the state security agencies, employees of law-enforcement bodies of the former USSR; the workers of the corresponding categories sent by public authorities of the former USSR to other states and who were involved in fighting in their territories. The list of the states, cities, the territories and periods of conducting combat operations with participation of citizens of the Republic of Moldova is given in appendix;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.