of January 12, 2012 No. 6-p
About approval of the Method of carrying out gas monitoring for each section of solid waste landfill
According to Item 5 of article 305 of the Ecological code of the Republic of Kazakhstan PRIKAZYVAYU:
1. Approve the enclosed Method of carrying out gas monitoring for each section of solid waste landfill.
2. To provide to department of waste management of production and consumption in accordance with the established procedure state registration of this order in the Ministry of Justice of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the subsequent publication in mass media.
Approved by the Order of the Minister of environmental protection of the Republic of Kazakhstan of January 12, 2012 No. 6-p
1. This method of carrying out gas monitoring for each section of solid waste landfill (further - the Technique) is intended for receipt of objective data with the established frequency behind quantity and quality of gas issues and their change on solid waste landfill (further - polygon).
2. Gas monitoring begins prior to operation of polygon and continues before completion of process of biological decomposition of waste. In case of new polygons the natural background level of methane and carbon dioxide is established. This level is established prior to operation of polygon.
3. Gas monitoring is carried out:
in the thickness of waste where it is possible to determine quantity and composition of the formed gas;
on surface of polygon and the sanitary protection zone of object to reveal cases of uncontrollable gas discharge on surface.
4. For gas in body of polygon it is recommended to establish, at least, one control point for monitoring of gas on section of the polygon equipped with the antifiltrational screen. On the polygons which do not have the antifiltrational screen, control points are established with density of one control point on one hectare of the area filled with waste.
5. The wells constructed in the thickness of waste serve the purposes of monitoring of level of concentration of gas and its movement in polygon body. These wells are under construction separately from system of collection and release of gas and are used as control points for determination of level of decomposition of waste and environmental impact.
6. The arrangement of control points of monitoring of gas outside thickness of waste depends on specific polygon. Factors which need to be taken into account in case of the choice of location of these points include:
1) structure and amount of the formed gas;
2) geological conditions of the territory;
3) type of waste;
4) the measures constraining gas distribution;
5) the antifiltrational screen or the upper isolating layer;
6) proximity to buildings and constructions of polygon;
7) coefficient of filtering waste.
7. It is recommended to establish wells for monitoring at distance of at least 20 meters from body of waste. Depth of wells shall equal to the maximum depth of waste in polygon body.
8. Methods of the organization of network of observations for gas monitoring of polygons are given to Appendices 1 to this technique.
9. When sampling atmospheric air observations of meteorological parameters are made:
1) speed and direction of wind;
2) air temperature;
3) atmospheric pressure;
5) cloudy cover (in case of sea researches);
6) height of waves (nervousness) and the direction of waves (in case of sea researches).
10. Sampling is performed by aspiration of certain amount of atmospheric air via the absorption device filled with liquid or firm sorbent for catching of substances or via the aerosol filter detaining the particles containing in air.
11. Measurements are performed on the stationary or portable posts completed with the equipment for carrying out sampling of air and automatic gas analyzers for continuous determination of concentration of harmful impurity.
12. In case of observations of the level of pollution of the atmosphere the following modes of sampling are used:
1) one-time, proceeding 20-30 minutes;
2) discrete in case of which in one absorption device or on the filter at regular intervals within a day select a little (from 3 to 8) of one-time tests;
3) daily allowance in case of whom selection in one absorption device or on the filter is made continuously within a day.
13. For sampling of air electroaspirators or vozdukhootbornik according to Appendices 2 and 3 to this technique are used.
14. Right after selection absorption devices are closed by caps from polyethylene and put in thermos in plastic bag (hermetically closed, in order to avoid condensation of moisture in it), sorbent layer down. Tests on dioxide of sulfur and hydrogen sulfide are protected from light hit. In case of air temperature higher than 25 shs tests on dioxide of sulfur are located in the refrigerator or in wide-necked thermos in which there are ice pieces (20-30% of amount of thermos) placed in polyethylene sacks and hermetically soldered.
15. Parameters of sampling of air and terms of their storage it is determined according to Appendix 4 to this technique.
16. Methods of the analysis of tests are given in Appendix 5 to this technique.
17. By results of inspection the analysis of actual state of atmospheric air is carried out.
The measured concentration of pollutants in atmospheric air are compared with control values of concentration.
The concentration average during a day of value are compared with average daily values of threshold limit values for the inhabited places.
In case of identification of exceeding of standard rates of quality of atmospheric air on any pollutant, the exceeding reason is established.
18. Results of carrying out inspection of condition of atmospheric air are drawn up in report type in the form of production environmental control approved by the order of the Minister of environmental protection of February 14, 2013 No. of the 16th "About approval of Requirements to the reporting under results of production environmental control" (it is registered in the Register of state registration of regulatory legal acts for No. 8376).
19. The reporting is given quarterly, within 10 working days after reporting quarter in regional territorial administrations of environmental protection.
The quarterly statement contains:
1) short information about the user of nature;
2) short data on the contract organization or structure performing monitoring;
3) the characteristic of monitoring system (observed components and objects, selection points, frequency, the analyzed ingredients);
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.