It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Moldova
On December 1, 2011 No. 856
of October 27, 2011 No. 231
About approval of Regulations about classification of assets and contingent obligations
Based on the Art. 5, 11, 44 Laws No. 548-XIII of July 21, 1995 on National Bank of Moldova (The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 1995, No. 56-57, of the Art. 624), with subsequent changes and amendments, and the Art. 25, 28, 33, 40 Laws on financial institutions No. 550-XIII of July 21, 1995 (repeated publication: The official monitor of the Republic of Moldova, 2011, Art. No. 78-81, 199), with subsequent changes and amendments, DECIDES: Administrative board of National Bank of Moldova
1. Approve Regulations about classification of assets and contingent obligations, according to appendix No. 1.
2. Recognize invalid some regulations of National Bank of Moldova according to appendix No. 2.
3. To banks in three-months time from the date of entry into force of this resolution to bring the activities into accord with the regulations provisions specified in Item 1 to this resolution.
4. The assets which are written off at the expense of discounts for losses will be classified by assets which as of December 31, 2011 were reflected in off-balance accounts along with their recovery in the balance sheet in category "hopeless".
Chairman of Administrative board of National Bank
Appendix No. 1
to the Resolution of National Bank of the Republic of Moldova of October 27, 2011 No. 231
1. The regulations about classification of assets and contingent obligations (further - Regulations) are applied by banks in case of classification and calculation of size of discounts for losses for the assets and contingent obligations of bank subject to credit risk, namely:
1) on the following assets:
a) accounts of "Nostro" in banks (including the means representing reserves for calculation with international payment systems);
b) placements in banks (including placements overnight which did not exceed the repayment period specified in the legal act signed between the parties, the means representing reserves for calculation with international payment systems);
c) the securities which are stored to the term of their repayment;
d) equity in the capital;
e) the credits (including the placements overnight which exceeded repayment period specified in the legal act signed between the parties, the factoring, bills of exchange, accounting bills of exchange, credit cards resolved temporary overdrafts, financing of commercial transactions, agreements of REPO, placement - guarantees in banks, receivables on financial leasing and other direct substitutes of the credit (assets with the properties similar to the credits on which the risk assessment is performed similar to the credits);
f) receivables on the capital investments and intangible assets;
g) receivables connected with documentary calculations;
h) receivables connected with settlings with physical persons and legal entities;
i) the assets (values) transferred in ownership / the debts acquired instead of return;
j) percent and other amounts calculated and reflected in financial accounting of bank which shall be received;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.