of January 13, 2007 No. ZR-13
About military police
(In edition of the Laws of the Republic of Armenia of 16.06.2008 No. ZR-73, 04.04.2009 of No. ZR-62)
Accepted by General Court on December 21, 2006
This Law regulates concept, tasks, the principles of activities, power and structure of military police, the state guarantees of legal and social security of the employee of military police, and also procedure for financing, material logistics and control of activities of military police.
1. The military police is effective in system of the state authorized body in the field of protection of the Republic of Armenia (further - authorized body) and is urged to perform in Armed forces of the Republic of Armenia (further - Armed forces) the tasks allocated for it by this Law.
2. The military police participates in protection of the Republic of Armenia as separate army connection.
Activities of military police are regulated by the Constitution of the Republic of Armenia, international treaties, this Law and other legal acts of the Republic of Armenia.
Activities of military police are performed on the basis of the principles of legality, respect of the rights and freedoms, honor and advantage of person, equality of all before the law, humanity and publicity, and also centralized management and one-man management.
1. The military police according to the law provides:
1) implementation of inquiry in Armed forces on cases on military crimes, and also on cases on the acts made in the territory of military unit or attributed to the military personnel of conscription service;
2) prevention, prevention and suppression of the crimes preparing or committed by the military personnel;
3) safety of the state-owned property assigned to authorized body;
4) target exploitation and traffic safety of vehicles of Armed forces.
2. The military police according to the tasks assists strengthening of legality and discipline in Armed forces, to studying of moral and psychological condition of staff in military units and bodies of military management and to increase in its sense of justice.
3. When implementing the tasks the military police cooperates with law enforcement agencies.
4. Other tasks can be assigned to military police only under the law.
1. The structure and number of staff of military police affirm the Government of the Republic of Armenia on representation of authorized body.
2. The military police consists from territorial (on garrisons) departments and local offices subordinated to them.
3. The common directorship of military police is performed by the head of authorized body.
Direct management of military police is performed by the chief of military police whom appoints to position and the President of the Republic of Armenia on representation of the head of authorized body dismisses.
1. The employee of military police is the serviceman passing military service in system of authorized body performing tasks and powers of military police established by this Law.
2. The official ID, accounting counter, and also uniform which can have special signs of distinction is issued to the employee of military police (in the form of the breastplate, narukavny stripe or in other type). Samples of uniform and signs of distinction, and also procedure for their carrying affirm the head of authorized body.
Use by person who is not considered as the employee of military police, uniform, the official ID or signs of distinction of the employee of military police attracts responsibility according to the procedure, established by the law.
3. The service in military police is considered military service which is regulated by the Law of the Republic of Armenia "About passing of military service".
1. The military police performs in Armed forces inquiry on cases on military crimes, and also on cases on the acts made in the territory of military unit or attributed to the military personnel of conscription service.
2. When implementing inquiry the military police is effective within the powers allocated by the law for bodies of inquiry.
3. The military police performs the inquiry connected with the crimes with participation of the military personnel committed outside the territories of military units, other military organizations together with Police of the Republic of Armenia.
1. The military police in case of prevention and suppression of the crimes preparing or committed by the military personnel has the right according to the procedure and on the bases established by the law:
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 36000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.