of November 16, 2011 No. 212
About the national legislative initiative in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on October 7, 2011
This Law determines the principles, forms, guarantees, procedure and sales terms of power to initiate legislation citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The power to initiate legislation of citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - popular initiative) is the right guaranteed by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic freely and voluntarily to bring according to the procedure, established by this Law and other regulatory legal acts, the drafts of the laws which are subject to obligatory consideration of the Kyrgyz Republic by Jogorku Kenesh.
2. In the Kyrgyz Republic the popular initiative belongs:
1) to 10 thousand voters; Item Provisions 2 parts 2 Articles 1, the introduction providing the right according to the procedure of popular initiative the bill on introduction of amendments to the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, become effective since September 1, 2020
2) to at least 300 thousand voters according to drafts of the laws on modification of provisions of the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth Sections of the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic.
3. The citizens recognized in the procedure established by the law incapacitated, and also containing in places of detention according to the court verdict cannot participate in implementation of the legislative initiative.
4. According to the procedure of popular initiative the drafts of the laws concerning change of frontier, forming of the republican budget, amnesty and pardon, questions of the international relations, introduction of warlike or emergency state cannot be introduced.
By the constitutional laws other restrictions on initiation according to the procedure of popular initiative of drafts of the laws directed to regulation of certain circle of the relations can be set.
1. Implementation of popular initiative is not allowed in the conditions of the military or state of emergency imposed in all territory of the Kyrgyz Republic or its part.
2. Establishment of the circumstances excluding implementation of popular initiative in addition to specified regarding 1 this Article, is not allowed.
The legal basis of realization of popular initiative of citizens is constituted by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic, this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The bill offered by citizens according to the procedure of popular initiative shall not contradict the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic. The bill is drawn up according to requirements of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic".
2. The bill with reasons for need of its acceptance is subject to publication in republican printing editions and on the official site of the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The citizens who proposed entering of the bill into Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic form initiative group on realization of popular initiative as a part of at least 10 people. The citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic who are living in the territory of the Kyrgyz Republic and having the voting rights can be members of initiative group.
2. The initiative group is created for the purpose of petition for the proposal on entering of the bill into Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, representation of interests of citizens by preparation, introduction, and also withdrawal of the bill from Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic.
1. The initiative group files in the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic petition for registration of initiative group and the bill.
The initiative group has the right to specify the name of initiative group in the statement for registration.
2. Are applied to the statement for registration of initiative group and the bill:
1) the protocol of meeting of initiative group on which the decision on entering of the bill into Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic was made;
2) the list of members of initiative group containing the following data: surname, name, middle name, birth date, residence (permanent or temporary), series and passport number;
3) text of the bill, and also its electronic version;
4) reference reasons;
5) the comparative table (in case of modification and (or) amendments of regulatory legal act) or new edition.
1. Members of initiative group have the right:
1) to collect signatures in support of initiative of entering into Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic of the bill;
To extend 2) by legal methods and means information on the course of realization of popular initiative.
2. Members of initiative group have the right to perform the activities specified regarding 1 this Article from the moment of issue of the certificate on its registration.
3. From among members of initiative group the open voting by a majority vote from their total number elects the chairman and two of his deputies. The decision of meeting of initiative group on election of the chairman and his deputies is drawn up by the protocol which is signed by the chairman of meeting.
4. The chairman of initiative group has also the right:
1) to represent the interests of initiative group in state bodies and local government bodies;
2) to coordinate work of initiative group.
5. Decisions of meeting of initiative group are made by a majority vote his participants.
1. The Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic in 30-days time checks the bill for compliance requirements of article 4 of this Law, and also education documents of initiative group.
2. By results of verification of the submitted documents by the Ministry of Justice of the Kyrgyz Republic the registration certificate of initiative group is granted.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.