of November 1, 2011 No. 191
About prohibition of gambling activities in the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on September 29, 2011
According to the constitutional principles of priority of rights and freedoms of man and citizen, protection of morality and health of the population this Law imposes ban on implementation of gambling activities in the Kyrgyz Republic.
For the purposes of this Law the following determinations are used:
gambling activities are the activities connected with the organization, carrying out and provision of possibility of access to gamblings to casino on gaming machines, computer simulators, in interactive institutions, in electronic (virtual) casino, irrespective of the location of the server;
gambling institution - the room (building) in which activities for carrying out gamblings are performed and (or) rates on bet, and also rooms (halls) operating the gambling equipment, computer simulators, the hardware and software adapted for carrying out gamblings are accepted;
gambling - any game based on risk, the compulsory provision of participation in which is payment by the player of money, including through electronic payment system that gives the chance to the participant how to receive prize (prize) in any kind, not to receive it depending on accident;
casino - gambling institution in which activities for the organization and carrying out gamblings with use of the gambling equipment with the announced winnings are performed;
the gaming equipment - roulette, card tables, table for dicing, gaming machines, including the equipment for totalizator and bookmaker office;
game table - specially equipped place in gambling institution intended for carrying out gamblings with any kind of prize in which the organizer of gambling institution through the representatives participates as the party or as the organizer and (or) the observer (roulette, card tables, table for dicing);
the gaming machine - the gambling equipment (mechanical, electric, electronic or other technical equipment) used for carrying out gamblings and (or) bet with prize which is determined in a random way by the device which is in the body of such gambling equipment without participation of the organizer of gaming or its workers;
the slot machine hall - gambling institution in which with use of gaming machines activities for the organization and carrying out gamblings are performed;
gambling zone - the part of the room of gambling institution intended for installation of the gambling equipment;
totalizator - gambling institution in which mutual bets between all participants for the outcome of event which result is not determined in advance, characterized by certain place of acceptance of rates at participants, payment of prize to them and use of the appropriate technical means and procedures (including "Bingo-loto" and "The Russian lotto") consist;
bookmaker office - gambling institution in which bets between all participants and gambling institution for the outcome of event which result is not determined in advance consist;
cash desk of casino or the slot machine hall - the place which is specially equipped with the organizer in gambling institution where services in exchange (exchange) of cash are rendered;
the online casino is the organization and carrying out gamblings in real time both in single-user, and in the multiuser mode by means of use in gambling institution or other rooms of the hardware and software adapted for carrying out gamblings, or the means of communication via the Internet (irrespective of the room of use) providing receipt of prizes;
computer simulators - program and the hardware making impression of reality, displaying part of the real phenomena and properties in the virtual circle;
the hardware and software - technical and the software allowing to automate accomplishment of complex of tasks and providing functioning of electronic information resources and information systems;
electronic (virtual) casino - the website on the Internet or the program providing access to gamblings through the Internet.
1. Gambling activities in the Kyrgyz Republic are forbidden, including through the Internet and information and telecommunication means of communication.
2. Acceptance of money for participation in the gamblings including which are carried out to the Internet is forbidden to legal entities and individual entrepreneurs.
3. The government of the Kyrgyz Republic exercises control and takes measures for non-admission of access to the territories of the Kyrgyz Republic to the Websites by means of which gamblings are held.
Operation of this Law extends to all types of gambling activities.
1. This Law becomes effective since January 1, 2012.
2. To the government of the Kyrgyz Republic to bring the regulatory legal acts into accord with this Law in a month.
1. From the moment of enforcement of this Law:
- the subjects of gambling activities performing activities based on the license granted before entry into force of this Law shall stop the activities in pursuance of this Law, or they are subject to closing forcibly;
- licenses for creation and content of gambling institutions, slot machine halls, the organization of gamblings issued before entry into force of this Law are subject to response and cancellation irrespective of the effective period specified in them.
2. To the government to make the offers concerning introduction of amendments to the current legislation following from this Law and also on implementation of activities of the gambling institutions which are not regulated by this Law in a month.
3. Recognize invalid:
- The law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About gambling activities in the Kyrgyz Republic" of August 11, 2008 No. 201 (Sheets of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, 2008, Art. No. 6/2, 665);
- The law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About modification of the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About gambling activities in the Kyrgyz Republic" of January 18, 2010 No. 4 (Sheets of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic, 2010, No. 1, the Art. 4).
President of the Kyrgyz Republic
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.