of October 11, 2011 No. 483-IV ZRK
About religious activities and religious associations
This Law is based that the Republic of Kazakhstan approves itself by the democratic, secular state, confirms the right of everyone to liberty of conscience, guarantees equality of everyone irrespective of his religious belief, recognizes historical role of Islam of the hanafitsky direction and orthodox Christianity in cultural development and the spiritual life of people, respects other religions which are combined with spiritual heritage of the people of Kazakhstan, recognizes importance of interfaith consent, religious tolerance and respect of religious beliefs of citizens.
In this Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the cult building (construction) - the place intended for church services, church and religious meetings, religious honoring (pilgrimage);
2) religious activities - the activities directed to satisfaction of religious needs of believers;
3) the priest - person authorized by the corresponding religious consolidation on spiritual, preaching ministry;
4) religious consolidation - voluntary consolidation of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreigners and stateless persons, in the procedure for their interests which united on the basis of community established by legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan for satisfaction of spiritual needs;
4-1) distribution of dogma - the activities directed to finishing, and equally in information transfer about the main doctrines, the ideas, views and practicians of certain religion;
5) missionary activities - the activities of citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreigners, stateless persons directed to distribution of dogma in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan for the purpose of the address to religion;
6) authorized body - the state body performing state regulation in the sphere of religious activities.
1. The legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on religious activities and religious associations is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Kazakhstan and consists of this Law and other regulatory legal acts of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
2. If the international treaty ratified by the Republic of Kazakhstan establishes other rules, than those which are provided in this Law then are applied regulations of the international treaty.
1. The state is separated religion and religious associations.
2. Religious associations and citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreigners and stateless persons irrespective of the relation to religion are equal before the law.
3. No religion can be established as state or obligatory.
4. The education system and education in the Republic of Kazakhstan, except for the spiritual (religious) organizations of education, is separated religion and religious associations and has secular character.
5. Hindrance of legal religious activities, violation of the civil laws of physical persons based on the relation to religion or insult of their religious feelings, defilement of the objects esteemed by followers of this or that religion, structures and places are not allowed.
6. Everyone has the right to adhere to religious or other beliefs, to extend them, to participate in activities of religious associations and to be engaged in missionary activities according to the legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.