of November 25, 1998
The State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States on behalf of the governments, further - the Parties,
expressing concern in scales and tendencies of development of crime, especially in its organized forms,
proceeding from the aspiration to provide reliable protection against infringement of life and health, the rights and freedoms, honor and advantage of the person, interests of society and state,
attaching importance to international cooperation in the field of observance of the conventional human rights and freedoms,
proceeding from the principles of equality and mutually beneficial cooperation,
in view of provisions of documents of the United Nations and the Commonwealth of Independent States accepted in the field of crime prevention and implementation of criminal justice
based on the Convention on legal assistance and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases of January 22, 1993, and also the Interstate program of joint efforts of fight against the organized crime and other types of dangerous crimes in the territory of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States for the period till 2000 approved by the Decision of Council of heads of states of the Commonwealth of Independent States of May 17, 1996
agreed as follows:
1. The parties through the competent authorities perform cooperation in fight against crime, especially in its organized forms, according to provisions of this agreement and in case of observance of the legislation and the international obligations.
2. Competent authorities of the Parties are listed in appendix which is integral part of this agreement.
Each of the Parties through depositary notifies other Parties on modification of the list of the competent authorities.
3. Competent authorities of the Parties for the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement communicate with each other directly.
Territorial subdivisions of competent authorities of the Parties for the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement can come into direct contacts according to the procedure, determined by competent authorities of the Parties.
The parties cooperate in the prevention, suppression, identification, disclosure and investigation of crimes, in particular the following acts:
1) crimes against life and health, freedoms, honor and advantage of the personality;
2) arms trafficking, ammunition, explosive and toxic agents and destructive devices, and also nuclear and radioactive materials, international terrorism, gangsterism, taking of hostages;
3) drug trafficking, precursors and psychotropic substances;
4) crimes in the sphere of economic activity, including in the field of the taxation, legalization (washing) of the income from criminal activities, smuggling, counterfeiting and counterfeit of securities;
5) property offenses, including plunders of vehicles and illegal transactions connected with it;
6) human trafficking and operation of prostitution by the third parties;
7) illicit trafficking in cultural and historical values;
8) ecological crimes;
9) illegal migration.
For the purpose of realization of provisions of Article 2 of this agreement competent authorities of the Parties perform cooperation in the following forms:
1) execution of requests about conducting investigation and search operations and investigative actions;
2) search of persons disappearing from criminal prosecution or serving sentence, and also missing persons;
3) search and return in accordance with the established procedure the stolen objects having numbers or specific distinctive signs including motor transport and firearms, and also number securities and passports (identity certificates);
4) exchange of information about the preparing or committed crimes and physical persons and legal entities, involved in them;
5) exchange of information about new types of the drugs and psychotropic substances which appeared in illicit trafficking, technologies of their production and the substances used at the same time, and also about new methods of research and identification of drugs, precursors and psychotropic substances;
6) exchange of information about the legal entities and objects of property used for legalization (washing) of the income from criminal activities;
7) work experience exchange, including holding training, consultations, seminars and training courses, and also information on new methods and means of making of crimes and experience of their investigation;
8) exchange of legal and other regulatory legal acts of the Parties, assistance in acquisition of educational and methodical literature;
9) carrying out joint scientific research on the problems which are of mutual interest;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 38000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.