Agreement on open entry and procedure for exchange of open scientific and technical information of the State Parties of the CIS
of September 11, 1998
The State Parties of this agreement on behalf of their governments which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
based on the Concept of forming of information space of the Commonwealth of Independent States,
being guided by the principle of open entry to information,
respecting the rights of users of information irrespective of their nationality and adoptive state on access to information resources,
considering need of establishment of procedure for access to information resources of joint use,
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement the stated below terms have the following values:
open entry to information - provision to users of information to citizens, legal entities, state governing bodies, bodies of regional and local self-government, public associations of the State Parties of the Agreement - the rights to open information which provides possibility of its free obtaining, storage, use and distribution when implementing the scientific, scientific and technical, productive, public and other activity which is not prohibited by the existing national legal system;
open scientific and technical information - the data reflecting scientific and technical, economic and social knowledge which is gained in the course of research, developmental, technological, project and other scientific and productive activity, and permitted to use according to the operating legal regime of the Parties;
derivative information - information obtained as a result of conversion of initial information;
documentary information (document) - information fixed on the material carrier with the details allowing to identify it;
information system - organizationally the arranged set of documents (document files) and information technologies realizing information processes;
information resources - separate documents and separate document files, documents and document files in information systems (libraries, archives, funds, databanks, other information systems);
information resources of joint use - set of the information resources which are under jurisdiction of the State Parties of the Agreement on interstate exchange of scientific and technical information and determined by them as the elements providing interstate exchange of scientific and technical information in that part which the state determines as sufficient for exchange implementation;
information products (products) - the documentary information prepared according to needs of users and intended or applied to requirements satisfaction of users;
information services - actions of subjects (owners and owners) for providing users with information products;
the owner of documentary information, information resources, information products - the subject realizing powers of ownership, use and the order of the specified objects in the amount established by the law;
the owner of documentary information, information resources, information products - the subject realizing powers of ownership, use and the order of the specified objects in the amount established by the owner;
the user of information, means of interstate information exchange (further - the user) - the subject addressing the owner or the owner for receipt of information products necessary for it or possibility of use of means of interstate information exchange and using them;
interstate information exchange - transfer and receipt of information products, and also rendering information services through frontier according to the operating legal regime;
means of interstate information exchange - the information systems and networks, communication networks used in case of interstate information exchange;
the information sphere (environment) - the field of activity of subjects connected with creation, transformation and consumption of information;
information security - the condition of security of the information circle of society providing it forming, use and development for the benefit of citizens, the organizations, the state.
provides to users open entry to open scientific and technical information;
takes measures for implementation of coordinated actions of information structures for ensuring the most complete forming and effective use of resources of scientific and technical information of joint use;
creates conditions for practical realization of the principle of open entry to scientific and technical information of joint use of the Parties;
will organize accounting and registration of information resources, information products, information systems and the publication of information about them;
provides forming of electronic catalogs and address and help databases of scientific and technical information.
1. Object of open entry are the state information resources of the Parties provided for interstate information exchange.
2. Users of information, irrespective of adoptive state and nationality, have the equal rights to access to open information resources.
3. Information obtained by users on legal causes from the state information resources can be used by them for creation of derivative information. Use of scientific and technical information shall be performed with the exclusive reference on its source.
1. The procedure and conditions of receipt of scientific and technical information by the user are determined by the owner or the owner on contractual basis. Provision of scientific and technical information can be performed as on non-paid, non-profit basis, and by its commercial realization with observance of the requirements established by this agreement. Lists of the information services provided to users from the state information resources free of charge or on non-profit basis are established by each of the Parties.
2. Lists of the provided scientific and technical information and services in information support, data on procedure and conditions of its obtaining are provided to users free of charge.
3. The instructive-methodological documents regulating procedure for exchange of scientific and technical information and access to information resources of joint use affirm Interstate coordination council according to scientific and technical information.
4. The owner of documentary information, information resources, information products has the right to control implementation of measures for protection of the Subjects to interstate exchange, to prohibit or stop transfer of information products and access to funds of interstate exchange in case of failure to carry out of the established requirements and terms of the contract.
The owner shall provide to users access to objects of the property, in accordance with the terms, established by this agreement.
1. State bodies of the Parties, and also the organizations of the Parties responsible for forming and use of information resources, according to their competence provide conditions for operational provision to users of complete and reliable information.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.