of March 27, 1997
The State Parties of this Mountain charter on behalf of the governments, further - the Parties,
aiming to provide forming and effective activities of Economic union in the field of studying, investigations, use and protection of subsoil in the conditions of raznovremennost and originality of the Parties of processes of the structural and other changes causing feasibility of common efforts on providing and assistance to these changes occurring in the national economy
being convinced that consecutive realization of complementary opportunities of mining and geological industries of the Parties will positively influence the problem resolution of providing the national economy with mineral raw material resources, safety of works and environmental protection and will make the stabilizing impact on economy of the Parties in general,
recognizing the state sovereignty and the sovereign rights of the Parties to subsoil,
full of determination to promote creation and development of the total market of mineral raw material resources by establishment of mutually beneficial trade relations and implementation of joint investment projects and programs,
being convinced of need of the organization of joint research, project and developmental operations in the field of mining and geology,
expressing readiness to coordinate the policy in the field of development of the mining-and-geological sector of economy, to cooperate in implementation of the adequate practical measures on the basis of the principles stated below,
being guided by the Charter of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Agreement on creation of Economic union, other documents signed within multilateral cooperation of the State Parties of the Commonwealth
accepted the Mountain charter of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States, further - the Mountain charter.
The parties determine main goal of cooperation - mutual assistance and coordination of collateral actions in the field of studying, investigations, use and protection of subsoil by the following directions:
step-by-step rapprochement and harmonization of legal and other regulations in the field of studying, investigations, use and protection of subsoil;
enhancement of the legal base of economic cooperation in the conditions of formation and development of the market relations;
implementation on mutually acceptable basis of geological studying of subsoil and reproduction of mineral resources, ensuring growth of production efficiency, transportation and use of minerals and products of their conversion (transformation) on condition of simultaneous increase in level of safety and minimizing of problems of environmental pollution;
development and the offer of new mechanisms of effective cooperation of state governing bodies, and also business entities in the field of studying, investigations, use and protection of subsoil.
The parties in the cooperation are guided by the principles of mutual respect, trust, mutual assistance, nondiscrimination, non-interference to cases of each other, responsibility for undertaken obligations, peaceful resolution of disputes.
The parties create the situation favorable for functioning of the companies of mining complex and inflow of investments and modern technologies by means of implementation of market-based approaches to the organization of activities in the field of studying, investigation, use and protection of subsoil, control of the state of rational working off of inventories of mineral deposits.
For achievement of this purpose and according to the specified principles of the Party promote the solution of the following tasks:
1. Formation and market development of mineral raw material resources and products of their conversion (transformation) within the created Common Economic Space of the State Parties of the Commonwealth, including by creating favorable conditions for recovery of mutually advantageous cooperation bonds of business entities of the Parties.
2. Ensuring access to subsoil, their investigation and development according to the national legal system of the Parties.
3. Development and implementation of joint programs of works in the field of geological studying of subsoil, reproduction and high-quality improvement of mineral resources.
4. Harmonization of policy of development and placement of the companies of mining complex.
5. Implementation of measures for development of industrial infrastructures of mining complex.
6. Simplification of access to transport infrastructures for the purpose of the international transit of flow of mineral raw material resources, and also products of their conversion (transformation).
7. Access simplification on commercial terms to the new technologies applied in the field of investigation, production, conversion (transformation) and use of mineral raw material resources.
8. Creation of the conditions providing rational and complex use of inventories of mineral deposits.
9. Assistance in implementation of the measures aimed at development and deployment of resource-saving technologies and productions.
10. Development and implementation of joint programs of the works in the field of safe engineering aimed at achievement and/or maintenance of high levels of safety, cooperation in prevention and mitigation of consequences of major accidents at the companies for production and conversion (transformation) of mineral raw material resources.
11. Development and realization of mutually agreed approaches to the problem resolution of protection of the surrounding environment and specific joint programs of works in the field.
12. Assistance to investment attraction and the credits in mining complexes of the Parties; creation of mechanisms and conditions of attraction of financial resources from non-budgetary sources of the Parties.
13. Creation of joint businesses on production, conversion (transformation) of minerals, equipment manufacturing for the mining industry, materials, devices, mine-rescue and other equipment, fuel and energy, coal and metallurgical, petrochemical and mining complexes.
14. Identification of the priority directions of scientific research, perspective project and developmental developments, coordination of the specified researches and developments, financing on equity basis of works, projects, the programs which are of mutual interest.
15. Coordination of measures of enhancement and approval of the normative and methodical documents regulating exploration works based on the requirements to the work content accepted in world practice on stages, classification of inventories of minerals, to form and content of geological reports, stock balances of minerals and other geological information.
16. The analysis of world market conjuncture of mineral raw material resources, and also world achievements in the field of science, the equipment, technologies, development of mutually acceptable strategy and tactics of actions on world mining-and-geological commodity market and services.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.