The contract between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia on legal status of the citizens of the Russian Federation who are constantly living in the territory of the Republic of Armenia and the citizens of the Republic of Armenia who are constantly living in the territory of the Russian Federation
of August 29, 1997
The Russian Federation and the Republic of Armenia which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
for the purpose of further development of friendship between them,
aiming for the benefit of the citizens at providing equal conditions of their accommodation in the territory of both Parties,
and in this regard wishing to provide to the citizens of one Party who are constantly living in the territory of other Party, legal status, the closest to legal status of citizens of this other Party, in particular, in that as for civil, social, economic, labor, cultural and other laws,
in view of provisions of the Convention on the legal assistance and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases signed in Minsk on January 22, 1993
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this Agreement:
a) "permanent resident" means the citizen of one Party who is constantly living in the territory of other Party, based on the certificate granted by the last;
b) "The party of nationality" means the Party which citizen is the permanent resident;
c) "The party of accommodation" means the Party in the territory of which the permanent resident constantly lives.
1. The certificate recognized by the Parties certifying the status of the permanent resident according to this Agreement is the document issued by competent authorities of the Party of accommodation or the mark which is put down by competent authorities of the Party of accommodation in identity documents and nationality of the permanent resident according to the legislation of the Party of nationality and also the documents granting the right to crossing of border, except for diplomatic and service passports.
2. The parties exchange samples of the documents and marks specified in Item 1 of this Article and also information on to what persons they provide the status of the permanent resident according to this Agreement. The specified exchanges are performed through consular establishments of the Parties.
3. Study, work, business trip, military service of the permanent resident outside the territory of the Party of accommodation in itself do not influence its legal status determined by this Agreement.
1. The permanent resident shall observe the Constitution and the laws, to respect traditions and customs of the Party of accommodation.
2. The permanent resident keeps legal bond with the Party of nationality, uses its protection and protection.
1. The permanent resident has the same rights and freedoms and performs the same duties, as citizens of the Party of accommodation, behind the withdrawals established by this Agreement.
2. The permanent resident has no following rights:
a) choose and be elected to public authorities, and also to local government bodies of the Party of accommodation;
b) participate in the national vote (nation-wide referendum) taken by the Party of accommodation;
c) hold the positions requiring according to the legislation of the Party of accommodation of availability of her nationality.
The right of the permanent resident to be the member of the political parties performing the activities aside of accommodation is regulated by the legislation of the Party of accommodation.
According to the legislation or applicable rules of international law each of the Parties can provide to permanent residents bigger amount of the rights and freedoms, than it is provided by this Agreement.
3. The question of the property right to the earth, and also of the right and conditions of use of the earth for the citizens of the Russian Federation who are constantly living in the territory of the Republic of Armenia and the citizens of the Republic of Armenia who are constantly living in the territory of the Russian Federation is regulated by the legislation of the Party of accommodation.
Other restrictions in the rights or subsidiary duties which are established do not extend to the permanent resident or can be established for the foreign citizens who are not citizens of the State Parties of the CIS, aside accommodation including conditions and procedure for entrance, stay, expulsion and departure.
1. The education documents issued to the permanent resident in educational institution of the Party of nationality are recognized in the territory of the Party of accommodation irrespective of date of their issue.
2. The documents specified in Item 1 of this Article grant the right to the permanent resident to arrive in the educational institutions located in the territories of both Parties and are valid in case of employment on the specialty specified in documents.
The permanent resident participates in privatization of state-owned property of the Party of accommodation on an equal basis with her citizens if other is not provided by other contract between the Parties.
1. The documents granting the right to crossing of frontiers of the Parties including with the third states, are issued by consular establishment of the Party of nationality aside of accommodation.
2. The same restrictions for departure out of limits of the Party of accommodation what are set for citizens of the Party of accommodation according to its legislation extend to the permanent resident.
Passing of military service or alternative service by permanent residents of the either party is determined by the free standing agreement.
The parties take all measures, including legislative and administrative, necessary for accomplishment of provisions of this agreement.
The disputes between the Parties arising in connection with application or interpretation of this Agreement are solved by consultations or negotiations between the Parties.
This Agreement is subject to ratification and becomes effective from the date of exchange of instruments of ratification.
This Agreement is effective within ten years from the date of its entry into force. After ten-year term it is automatically prolonged every time for the five-year period if any of the Parties does not declare the return in six months prior to the expiration of current period.
It is made in Moscow on August 29, 1997 in duplicate, everyone in the Russian and Armenian languages, and both texts are equally authoritative.
For the Russian Federation
For the Republic of Armenia
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.