of September 25, 2010 No. 135-IV
This Law determines bases and the organization of defense of Turkmenistan, power of the President of Turkmenistan, state governing bodies, functions of the local executive authority, local government bodies, companies, organizations, organizations and their officials, the rights and obligations of citizens in the field of defense, structure and the organization of Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, responsibility for violation of the legislation of Turkmenistan in the field of defense, and also other precepts of law concerning defense.
In this Law the following main terms and determinations are applied:
1) attack reflection complex of the nation-wide actions and actions of military organization of the state directed to failure of intention of the act of the armed aggression on use of force or coercion of aggressor to phase-out of force against sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Turkmenistan;
2) military organization of the state - set of Armed Forces of Turkmenistan, other troops and military forming, the state, military-political governing bodies, bodies of military management, other bodies which main activities in peace time are directed to the solution of tasks on ensuring military safety of the state, prevention of military threat, and in case of aggression - on ensuring the armed protection of Turkmenistan, attack reflection. The military organization of the state, besides, includes the defense sector of economy of Turkmenistan performing scientific and (or) productive activity on creation of products (works, services) military;
3) military safety of the state - capability of the state to realize all set of forces which are available at its order, means, resources for the purpose of prevention, localization and neutralization of military threats, creating favorable conditions for the organization of the armed protection of its interests;
4) wartime - the period of the actual finding of the state in state of war;
5) military-political situation the condition of modern military-political situation and perspective of its development determined by the tendencies connected with unleashing of local and large-scale wars, forming and strengthening of secession and other movements, strengthening of national, ethnic and religious extremism, distribution of weapons of mass destruction and means of its delivery, aggravation of information antagonism;
6) military threat - the actions of other state (states), extremist, religious, secession movements, the organizations located in the territory of other state (other states) specifying real intention to use the armed force against sovereignty, independence and territorial integrity of Turkmenistan;
7) the operational equipment of the territory of Turkmenistan - the activities of military organization of the state directed to carrying out complex of organizational, technical and other actions for preparation of the territory of the country and military facilities to defense;
8) defense of Turkmenistan (further - defense) - system of the legal, political, economic, military, social and other measures ensuring military safety of the state;
9) the armed protection of Turkmenistan - the activities of the state directed to preserving and consolidation of sovereignty, independence, territorial integrity and other national interests with use of forces and instruments of war;
10) declaration of war - the statement to Turkmenistan from other state about the termination with it the peace relations and transition to state of war;
11) state of war of the relation between Turkmenistan and other state from the moment of the announcement other state of war to Turkmenistan, attacks by it to Turkmenistan before conclusion of peace between belligerent parties.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.