of July 11, 2011 No. 190-FZ
About the treatment of radioactive waste and about modification of separate legal acts of the Russian Federation
Accepted by the State Duma on June 29, 2011
Approved by the Federation Council on July 6, 2011
1. This Federal Law governs the relations in the field of the treatment of radioactive waste.
2. Provisions of this Federal Law are not applied to the relations in the field of the treatment of spent nuclear fuel.
1. The relations in the field of the treatment of radioactive waste are governed by this Federal Law, the Federal Law of November 21, 1995 No. 170-FZ "About use of atomic energy", the Federal Law of January 9, 1996 No. 3-FZ "About radiation safety of the population", the Federal Law of March 30, 1999 No. 52-FZ "About sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the population", the Federal Law of January 10, 2002 No. 7-FZ "About environmental protection", the Law of the Russian Federation of February 21, 1992 No. 2395-I "About subsoil", the Federal Law of December 1, 2007 No. 317-FZ "About State Atomic Energy Corporation "Rosatom", the Water code of the Russian Federation and other Federal Laws, and also the laws of subjects of the Russian Federation.
2. According to this Federal Law and other Federal Laws the President of the Russian Federation, the Government of the Russian Federation, and also the federal executive bodies and the organizations performing normative legal regulation in the field of use of the atomic energy having the right to adopt the regulatory legal acts governing the relations in the field of the treatment of radioactive waste.
3. If the international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes other rules of the treatment of radioactive waste, than those which are provided by this Federal Law are applied rules of the international treaty.
4. The decisions of interstate bodies made based on provisions of international treaties of the Russian Federation in their interpretation contradicting the Constitution of the Russian Federation are not subject to execution in the Russian Federation. Such contradiction can be established according to the procedure, determined by the Federal constitutional Law.
1. In this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) cumulative radioactive waste - the radioactive waste formed about day of entry into force of this Federal Law and entered in the register of radioactive waste according to the procedure, established by this Federal Law;
2) the treatment of radioactive waste - activities for collection, sorting, conversion, conditioning, transportation, storage and burial of radioactive waste;
3) the fulfilled closed source of ionizing radiation - source of ionizing radiation which is not subject to further use and which device excludes intake of the radioactive materials containing in it to the environment;
4) eligibility criterions of radioactive waste for their burial (further also - eligibility criterions) - the requirements to physical and chemical properties of radioactive waste and packagings of radioactive waste established for the purpose of safe burial of radioactive waste and obligatory for execution;
5) conversion of radioactive waste - the technology transactions which are carried out for the purpose of change of physical shape, aggregate state and (or) physical and chemical properties of radioactive waste for their subsequent conditioning;
6) conditioning of radioactive waste - technology transactions on reduction of radioactive waste in the physical shape and condition suitable for their burial and corresponding to eligibility criterions;
7) interim storage of radioactive waste - storage of the radioactive waste which is not brought into accord with eligibility criterions;
8) burial of radioactive waste (further also - burial) safe placement of radioactive waste in Item of burial of radioactive waste without intention of their subsequent extraction;
9) barrier to safety of the population and the environment (further - barrier to safety) - the packaging of radioactive waste, engineering design of Item of storage of radioactive waste and their separate parts or element of natural geological education interfering distribution of radionuclides and (or) ionizing radiation to the environment;
10) Item of long-term storage of radioactive waste - Item of storage of radioactive waste which useful life is determined by the project, but procedure for conclusion from operation and measures for conclusion from which operation are not provided;
11) Item of temporary storage of radioactive waste - Item of storage of the deleted radioactive waste which project determines the term of its operation and are provided procedure for conclusion from operation and measure for its conclusion from operation;
12) Item of burial of radioactive waste - the Item of storage of radioactive waste intended for placement of radioactive waste without intention of their subsequent extraction and ensuring radiation safety of workers of such Item, population and environment during the period of potential danger of radioactive waste;
13) Item of near-surface burial radioactive otkhodovpunkt burials of radioactive waste, including the construction placed flush with the Earth's surface or at depth up to hundred meters from the Earth's surface;
14) Item of deep burial of radioactive waste - the Item of burial of radioactive waste including the construction placed at depth more than hundred meters from the Earth's surface;
15) Item of placement of special radioactive waste - the natural object or object of technogenic origin containing the special radioactive waste which is not isolated from the environment or the object containing special radioactive waste which isolation term from the environment is not established;
16) Item of preservation of special radioactive waste - natural object or object of technogenic origin which contain special radioactive waste are available the barriers to safety isolating radioactive waste from the environment during the useful life of the specified objects determined by the corresponding project;
17) conclusion from operation of Item of storage radioactive the otkhodovdeyatelnost which is performed after removal of radioactive waste from Item of their storage and is directed to its reduction in the condition excluding further use of this Item for storage of radioactive waste and ensuring safety of the population and the environment;
18) closing of Item of burial of radioactive waste - activities for reduction of Item of burial of radioactive waste in the condition ensuring safety of the population and the environment during the period of potential danger of the radioactive waste placed in it which is performed after completion of technology transactions on placement in it radioactive waste;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.