of June 13, 2011 No. 37
About the Constitutional chamber of the Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic
Accepted by Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on May 12, 2011
The constitutional chamber of the Supreme Court of the Kyrgyz Republic (further - the Constitutional chamber) is the supreme judicial authority which is independently exercising the constitutional control by means of the constitutional legal proceedings.
The basic principles of activities of the Constitutional chamber are independence, collective nature, publicity, competitiveness and equality of participants.
1. The organization, competence, structure, procedure for forming, election and release of the chairman and vice-chairman of the Constitutional chamber are determined by the Constitution of the Kyrgyz Republic (further the Constitution) and this constitutional Law.
2. Consideration and decision making on the questions which are within the competence of the Constitutional chamber are performed according to the procedure of the constitutional legal proceedings established by the Constitution and this constitutional Law.
3. The status, independence guarantees, procedure for accountability, discharge and dismissal of judges of the Constitutional chamber are determined by the constitutional laws, the laws.
1. Constitutional chamber:
1) recognizes unconstitutional the laws and other regulatory legal acts in case of their contradiction Constitutions;
2) draws the conclusion about constitutionality of the international treaties which did not become effective for the Kyrgyz Republic;
3) draws the conclusion to the bill on changes in the Constitution.
1) is accepted by regulations of the Constitutional chamber, approve regulations on the office of the Constitutional chamber, its structure and the number of staff within expense budget;
2) in connection with the arrived address has the right to request information and documents from all state bodies and local government bodies, their officials, public associations, legal entities and physical persons, and also to involve experts in expert and scientific and consulting work;
3) is annually analyzed by execution of the acts adopted by it and publishes for general data.
1. The constitutional chamber consists of eleven judges: chairman, vice-chairman and nine judges of the Constitutional chamber.
2. Judges of the Constitutional chamber are elected according to the procedure, established by the constitutional Law of the Kyrgyz Republic "About the status of judges of the Kyrgyz Republic" (further - the constitutional Law on the status of judges).
1. The meeting of judges of the Constitutional chamber elects from the structure the chairman, the vice-chairman and the judge-secretary for a period of three years.
The same judge cannot be elected the chairman, the vice-chairman of the Constitutional chamber two terms in a row.
2. The meeting of judges of the Constitutional chamber is considered competent with participation in it at least two thirds of the general list of judges of the Constitutional chamber.
The meeting of judges of the Constitutional chamber on election of the chairman, vice-chairman, judge-secretary is held under the chairmanship of the oldest judge of the Constitutional chamber.
Candidates for position of the chairman, the vice-chairman and the judge-secretary of the Constitutional chamber can be pushed by judges of the Constitutional chamber or by self-promotion.
3. The chairman, the vice-chairman and the judge-secretary of the Constitutional chamber are elected by secret vote. The procedure for carrying out vote is determined by regulations of the Constitutional chamber.
The chairman, the vice-chairman and the judge-secretary of the Constitutional chamber are considered as the elite if the majority from the general list of judges of the Constitutional chamber voted for them.
1. Chairman, the vice-chairman and the judge-secretary of the Constitutional chamber are exempted from the positions after the term for which they were elected, or at own will.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.