of June 3, 2011 No. 107-FZ
About computation of time
Accepted by the State Duma on May 20, 2011
Approved by the Federation Council on May 25, 2011
1. This Federal Law determines the legal basis of computation of time, establishment of hour zones, and also governs the relations arising in case of distribution of information on exact value of time and calendar date.
2. The purposes of this Federal Law are:
1) determination of the legal basis of computation of time;
2) ensuring needs of citizens, societies and the states in reliable information about time and calendar date.
In this Federal Law the following basic concepts are used:
1) the state primary standard of units of time, frequency and national time scale - the state primary standard providing reproduction, storage and transfer of units of time and frequency with the accuracy, highest in the Russian Federation, approved in accordance with the legislation of the Russian Federation about ensuring unity of measurements and applied as initial in the territory of the Russian Federation;
2) Gregorian calendar - system of computation of time which is based on the cyclic address of Earth around the Sun in which duration of one access cycle of Earth around the Sun is accepted by equal 365,2425 of days and which contains ninety seven leap years for four hundred years;
3) calendar date - sequence number of calendar day, sequence number or the name of calendar month and sequence number of calendar year;
4) calendar week - period of time Monday through Sunday lasting seven calendar days;
5) calendar year - period of time from January 1 to December 31 (leap-year) of calendar days lasting three hundred sixty five or three hundred sixty six. Calendar year has sequence number according to Gregorian calendar;
6) calendar month - period of time lasting from twenty eight up to thirty one calendar days. Calendar month has the name and sequence number in calendar year;
7) calendar day - period of time lasting twenty four hours. Calendar day has sequence number in calendar month;
8) local time - time of hour zone in which the corresponding territory is located;
9) Moscow time - time of hour zone in which the capital of the Russian Federation - the city of Moscow is located. Moscow time serves as initial time in case of calculation of local time in hour zones. Moscow time corresponds to the third time zone in national time scale of the Russian Federation of UTC (SU) +3. Numerical values of local time in different hour zones differ on integer number of hours. Local time in subjects of the Russian Federation of one hour zone is identical. The account of minutes and seconds in all hour zones is identical;
10) national time scale of the Russian Federation - the arranged numerical sequence of the sizes of units of time reproduced and stored by Public service of time, frequency and determination of parameters of rotation of Earth on the basis of the state primary standard of units of time, frequency and national time scale;
11) hour zone - part of the territory of the Russian Federation on which the single time established by this Federal Law acts.
1. The legal basis of computation of time is constituted by the Constitution of the Russian Federation, this Federal Law, other Federal Laws governing the relations arising in case of computation of time, and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation accepted according to them.
2. The provisions of the Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation concerning subject of regulation of this Federal Law are applied in the part which is not contradicting this Federal Law.
3. If the international treaty of the Russian Federation establishes other rules, than those which are provided by this Federal Law are applied rules of the international treaty.
4. The decisions of interstate bodies made based on provisions of international treaties of the Russian Federation in their interpretation contradicting the Constitution of the Russian Federation are not subject to execution in the Russian Federation. Such contradiction can be established according to the procedure, determined by the Federal constitutional Law.
1. In the territory of the Russian Federation for calculation of calendar date the Gregorian calendar is used.
2. Calculation of calendar date is performed from 00 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds on January 1 1 year.
3. Time of calendar day is calculated for hours, minutes and seconds. For the beginning of calendar day the timepoint corresponding to 00 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds is accepted. The timepoint corresponding to 24 hours 00 minutes 00 seconds is accepted to the termination of calendar day.
4. The account of hours, minutes and seconds within calendar year, calendar month and calendar week does not change.
5. Seasonal time conversion is not made.
1. Hour zones which borders are created taking into account borders of subjects of the Russian Federation are in the territory of the Russian Federation established. Structure of the territories forming each hour zone, and procedure for computation of time in hour zones:
1) 1st hour zone (MCK-1, Moscow time minus 1 hour, UTC+2): Kaliningrad region;
2) 2nd hour zone (MSK, Moscow time, UTC+3): The Republic of Adygea (Adygea), the Republic of Dagestan, the Republic of Ingushetia, Kabardino-Balkar Republic, the Republic of Kalmykia, Karachay-Cherkess Republic, Republic of Karelia, Komi Republic, Republic of Crimea, the Republic of Mari El, the Republic of Mordovia, Republic of North Ossetia-Alania, Republic of Tatarstan (Tatarstan), the Chechen Republic, the Chuvash Republic - Chuvashia, Krasnodar Krai, Stavropol Krai, the Arkhangelsk region, the Belgorod region, the Bryansk region, the Vladimir region, the Volgograd region, the Vologda region, the Voronezh region, the Ivanovo region, the Kaluga region, the Kirov region, the Kostroma region, Kursk region, the Leningrad region, the Lipetsk region, the Moscow region, Murmansk region, the Nizhny Novgorod Region, the Novgorod region, the Oryol region, the Penza region, the Pskov region, the Rostov region, the Ryazan region, the Smolensk region, the Tambov region, the Tver region, Tula region, Yaroslavl region, federal cities of Moscow, St. Petersburg, Sevastopol and Nenets Autonomous Okrug;
3) 3rd hour zone (MCK+1, Moscow time plus 1 hour, UTC+4): Udmurt Republic, Astrakhan region, Samara region, Saratov region and Ulyanovsk region;
4) 4th hour zone (MCK+2, Moscow time plus 2 hours, UTC+5): Republic of Bashkortostan, Perm Krai, Kurgan region, Orenburg region, Sverdlovsk region, Tyumen region, Chelyabinsk region, Khanty-Mansi Autonomous Okrug and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous Area;
5) 5th hour zone (MCK+3, Moscow time plus 3 hours, UTC+6): Omsk region;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.