of May 21, 2011 No. 194-IV
About the Central commission on elections and holding referenda in Turkmenistan
1. The central commission on elections and holding referenda in Turkmenistan (further - Central Election Commission) will organize within the powers elections of the President of Turkmenistan, deputies of Majlis of Turkmenistan, members velayatsky, etrapsky, city Hulk of maslakhata and Gengesha, national referenda (further - elections and referenda).
2. Term of office of Central Election Commission - five years.
3. The Central Election Commission is legal entity.
The legislation on Central Election Commission is based on the Constitution of Turkmenistan and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts of Turkmenistan.
1. The basic principles of activities of Central Election Commission are legality, independence, impartiality, collective nature and publicity.
2. The Central Election Commission in the activities is not connected by decisions of political parties and public associations.
3. Rendering direct or indirect impact on the activities of Central Election Commission, her members connected with implementation of their powers it is forbidden.
1. The Central Election Commission is formed by the President of Turkmenistan as a part of the chairman, the vice-chairman, the secretary and twelve members from among citizens of Turkmenistan.
The chairman of Central Election Commission affirms Majlis of Turkmenistan.
2. Representatives in structure of Central Election Commission are offered by the President of Turkmenistan, political parties and public associations.
3. Powers of the member of Central Election Commission in case of promotion by his candidate for elected body or registration as the authorized representative of the candidate stop from the moment of its registration as a candidate or the authorized representative.
4. For entry into structure of Central Election Commission membership of faces consisting in the ranks of the political parties and public associations pursuing political goals temporarily stops. This rule concerns also to workers of the office of Central Election Commission.
Activities of Central Election Commission are performed in the form of meetings.
The meeting of Central Election Commission takes place on the basis of free, open discussion of the questions entering its competence.
1. The meeting of Central Election Commission if necessary is convened by its chairman, also the chairman of Central Election Commission shall convene meeting on demand more than a half from assigned amount of her members.
2. The meeting of Central Election Commission is competent if at least two thirds of assigned amount of her members participate in it.
3. Representatives of state bodies and local government bodies, political parties, public associations, mass media, and also other persons can be invited to meeting of Central Election Commission in the procedure established by it.
4. Information on meeting of Central Election Commission is brought to the attention of the population.
1. The decisions made by Central Election Commission are binding in the territory of Turkmenistan.
Decisions of Central Election Commission are made by a majority vote by open voting.
2. Decisions of Central Election Commission are brought to the attention of the population through mass media.
3. Decisions of Central Election Commission are not subject to state registration.
4. Decisions of Central Election Commission can be appealed in the Supreme Court of Turkmenistan.
Central Election Commission:
1) directs preparation and elections and referenda, system of the commissions on elections and referenda (further - the electoral commissions);
2) is provided in the territory of Turkmenistan by uniform application of the legislation on elections and referenda;
3) makes within the competence the decisions obligatory in all territory of Turkmenistan;
4) makes explanations and publishes instructions on questions of preparation and elections and referenda;
5) approves samples of the ballot and voting bulletin on referenda, electoral registers, protocols of meetings of the electoral commissions, other selective documents, seals of the electoral commissions, the ballot boxes, polling booths, provides production of seals of the electoral commissions and establishes procedure for storage of the selective documents;
6) constitutes expense budget on preparation and elections and referenda and represents it to the Cabinet of Ministers of Turkmenistan;
7) in coordination with the Ministry of Finance of Turkmenistan is established by procedure for financing of elections and referenda;
8) will organize providing the electoral commissions with rooms, means of communication, their legal, methodical and information support, controls providing the electoral commissions with necessary material means;
9) forms the electoral commissions of welayats and cities with the welayat rights, makes changes to their structure;
10) creates constituencies at elections of deputies of Majlis of Turkmenistan with indication of their borders and the centers and informs the population through mass media;
11) registers initiative groups on promotion of candidates for president of Turkmenistan;
12) is registered by the question brought on national referendum, and initiative group on its carrying out;
13) registers as presidential candidates of Turkmenistan and their authorized representatives and hands them certificates;
14) informs the population information on candidates for president of Turkmenistan, provides production of posters with bio data of candidates for acquaintance of voters;
15) is approved by the text of the ballot at election of the president of Turkmenistan, voting bulletin on national referenda and provides production of bulletins;
16) observance of equal conditions of participation of candidates for president of Turkmenistan, deputies of Majlis of Turkmenistan, members Hulk provides maslakhata and Gengesha during the election campaign;
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.