The contract between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Lithuania on legal assistance and legal relations on civil, family and criminal cases
of July 21, 1992
The Russian Federation and the Republic of Lithuania, attaching importance to development of cooperation in the field of rendering legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases,
agreed as follows:
1. Citizens of one Contracting Party use in the territory of other Contracting Party concerning the personal and property rights the same legal protection, as well as citizens of this Contracting Party.
It concerns as well to legal entities who are created according to the legislation of one of Contracting Parties.
2. Citizens of one Contracting Party have the right freely and freely to turn to the courts, prosecutor's office, notary offices (further referred to as - "organizations of justice") and in other organizations of other Contracting Party within which competence civil, family and criminal cases are, can act in them, initiate petitions, make claims and perform other legal proceedings on the same conditions, as well as own citizens.
1. Organizations of justice of Contracting Parties give mutually legal assistance on civil, family and criminal cases according to provisions of this agreement.
2. Organizations of justice give legal assistance and to Other organizations within which competence the cases specified in Item 1 are.
3. Other organizations within which competence the Cases specified in Item 1, are direct requests for legal assistance through organizations of justice.
The legal assistance covers accomplishment of legal proceedings, stipulated by the legislation the required Contracting Party, in particular, interrogation of the parties, persons accused and defendants, witnesses, experts, conducting examinations, judicial survey, transfer of physical evidences, initiation of criminal prosecution and issue of persons who committed crimes, recognition and execution of judgments on civil cases, delivery and transfer of Documents, provision at the request of other Party of criminal record of persons accused.
When rendering Contracting Parties to legal assistance of organization communicate with each other through the Ministry of Justice and the Prosecutor General's Office of the Russian Federation and the Ministry of Justice and the Prosecutor General's Office of the Republic of Lithuania.
Requests for rendering legal assistance are constituted in language of the requesting Contracting Party if this Agreement does not provide other.
The documents sent by organizations of justice and other organizations according to the procedure of rendering legal assistance shall be certified by seal.
In the order about rendering legal assistance it shall be specified:
1) the name of the requesting organization;
2) name of required organization;
3) the name of case according to which the legal assistance is requested;
4) names and surnames of the parties, persons accused, defendants or convicts, their nationality, occupation and permanent residence or residence;
5) surnames and addresses of their representatives;
6) contents of the order, and on criminal cases also the description of the actual circumstances of the committed crime and its legal qualification.
1. In case of execution of the order about rendering legal assistance the organization of justice to which the order is turned applies the legislation of the state. However at the request of organization from which the order proceeds it can apply procedural rules of the Contracting Party from which the order as they do not contradict the legislation of its state proceeds.
2. If the organization of justice to which the order is turned is not competent to perform it, it sends the order to competent organization of justice and notifies on it organization from which the order proceeds.
3. In case of receipt of the corresponding petition the organization of justice to which the order is turned notifies organization from which the order, about time and the place of execution of the order proceeds.
4. After accomplishment of the order the organization of justice to which the order is turned sends documents to organization from which the order proceeds; if the legal assistance could not be given, it returns the order and notifies on circumstances which interfere with its execution.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.