Regulations of Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States
of September 15, 1992
These Regulations according to the Charter of the Commonwealth of Independent States and the Agreement on Inter-parliamentary Assembly of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States of March 27, 1992 determine the organization and procedure for its activities.
1. The inter-parliamentary Assembly consists of parliamentary delegations of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States.
2. The Supreme Councils (parliaments) determine structure and powers of parliamentary delegations from number of the deputies, and also their heads.
3. Parliamentary delegations have the equal rights, and each of them has one voice.
1. The organization of activities of Inter-parliamentary Assembly is performed by the Council of Assembly consisting of heads of parliamentary delegations. Permanent body of Council of workers of Assembly is the Secretariat of Council of Assembly.
2. The inter-parliamentary Assembly holds the regular plenary meetings at least two times a year. The place and time, and also the preliminary agenda of the regular plenary meeting are, as a rule, established at the prior plenary session of Assembly. In case of impossibility to hold the regular plenary meeting in the place and in time, established earlier, the Chairman of the board of Assembly with the consent of all his members determines the new place and time of its carrying out.
3. The emergency plenary session of Inter-parliamentary Assembly can be convened by Council of Assembly.
4. The message on the place and time of holding plenary session of Assembly, and also the corresponding materials are brought by the Chairman of the board of Assembly to the attention of Agreement parties, as a rule, not later than month prior to the meeting.
5. Work of Inter-parliamentary Assembly consists of plenary meetings of parliamentary delegations, and also meetings of bodies of Assembly.
6. The plenary session of Inter-parliamentary Assembly is competent if at least two thirds of parliamentary delegations of Agreement parties participate in it.
1. The inter-parliamentary Assembly creates of number of representatives of parliamentary delegations the permanent and temporary commissions, other bodies for preliminary consideration and preparation of the questions relating to its maintaining. For participation in work of the commissions and other bodies of Inter-parliamentary Assembly specialists and experts can be attracted.
2. The temporary commissions of Assembly stop the activities after accomplishment of the tasks assigned to them or ahead of schedule according to the decision of Assembly.
3. During plenary sessions or during the period between plenary meetings meetings of Council of Assembly, and also meeting of the commissions and other working bodies of Assembly and Council can be held.
4. For plenary meeting Drafting panel which is created, as a rule, on a parity basis of representatives of delegations is created.
1. The assembly, Council and other its bodies hold, as a rule, open sessions. Closed meetings of Assembly are held according to the proposal of delegation by the resolution of Assembly.
2. Representatives of mass media can be present only at open sessions.
1. The draft of the agenda is created by the Chairman of the board of Assembly based on offers of Agreement parties and the commissions of Inter-parliamentary Assembly.
2. Parliamentary delegations have the right to make additions to the draft of the agenda of plenary meeting.
3. The agenda affirms at the plenary session of Assembly.
1. Functions of the chairman at the plenary session of Assembly are performed serially by heads of parliamentary delegations if the decision on other is not made. The priority determines Council of Assembly.
2. The chairman at the plenary session of Assembly approves the place and time, and also the preliminary agenda of the next plenary session with heads of parliamentary delegations.
1. The chairman of the board of Assembly is elected members of council of Assembly secret vote for a period of one year.
2. The chairman of the board of Assembly takes measures for the organization of work of Assembly and its bodies, holds meetings of Council of Assembly, submits Regulations on the Secretariat of Council of Assembly and the candidate for the head of the Secretariat of Council of Assembly for approval of Council of Assembly, signs decisions of Assembly, represents Assembly in the relations with other organizations.
1. For the period of direct preparation and holding plenary session of Assembly the Secretariat of plenary meeting is created.
2. The secretariat is created of representatives of parliamentary delegations.
3. Are assigned to the Secretariat of plenary meeting the organization of preparation of materials for meetings, maintaining the shorthand report or short record of performances, assistance to the chairman in case of determination of priority of performances and procedure for application of provisions of these Regulations, in case of registration of questions, references, messages, statements and offers, and also other obligations connected with ensuring holding meetings.
Representatives of parliamentary delegations act with the permission of the chairman. During the meeting the chairman provides opportunity to express the opinion to all parliamentary delegations. Debate can be stopped only in case of observance of this condition.
1. During the debate on the same question of the agenda each parliamentary delegation can speak at plenary meeting no more than two times if other decision is not made. If the chairman at meeting does not solve differently, time of one performance shall not exceed 10 minutes.
2. Offers on the discussed projects are made in writing at the beginning of the meeting or in oral or written type for entering into the corresponding text on discussion measure.
1. Representatives of delegations, the speakers except for appointed, act in that procedure in what they asked for the floor. Speakers are appointed by the decision of Council of Assembly and act according to the procedure, determined in such decision, or according to the procedure determined by the chairman.
2. Delegations can appeal beforehand to the chairman with written or oral requests to give the floor or ask to give the floor directly during the meeting.
3. Speakers can be interrupted by the chairman only in the order of maintaining.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.