Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and Government of the Republic of Tajikistan on single procedure for regulation of foreign economic activity
of February 12, 1997
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
for the purpose of implementation of the Agreement on creation of Economic union of September 24, 1993, forming of the Common Economic Space, the mechanism of regulation of external commercial relations on the basis of the unified legislation,
aiming at creation of equal conditions of implementation of foreign economic activity for business entities,
proceeding from mutual interest in forming of the Customs union,
being guided by the universally recognized norms of international law,
agreed as follows:
The parties will cooperate for the purpose of ensuring accomplishment of conditions of accession of the Tajik Side to agreements on the Customs union.
The Tajik Side will provide establishment single, the created Customs union of procedure for regulation of foreign economic activity operating within in the Republic of Tajikistan and decision makings in the following areas:
tariff and non-tariff regulation in the field of foreign economic activity, currency control, currency and export exchange control of the external economic transactions;
establishment of trade regime in the relations with the third countries.
The parties will inform beforehand each other on need of introduction of amendments to the legislation regulating the above-stated fields of foreign economic activity and to hold consultations.
1. The Tajik Side will enter the common customs tariffs, and also the taxes and fees having equivalent action, accepted by members of the Customs union concerning import and commodity exportation as in trade, and uncommercial turnover.
2. The customs duties, and also the taxes and fees having equivalent action, levied by customs authorities of the Parties in case of commodity exportation come to the budget of the country of goods' origin.
If the goods which are exported from the territory of the state of one of the Parties are made of the raw materials and/or materials occurring about the territories of the state of other Party collected by customs authorities of the Parties customs duties, and also the taxes and fees having equivalent action are distributed between the Parties in the approved proportions.
The parties will approve separate documents the list of such goods and the rule for apportionment and transfer in national budgets of customs duties, the taxes and fees specified in this Item.
3. The customs duties, and also the taxes and fees having equivalent action, levied by customs authorities in case of commodity importation completely come to the budget of that Party where there is receiver of goods.
1. The Tajik Side will introduce the rules of non-tariff regulation of foreign trade accepted by members of the Customs union.
2. The parties will provide control of export/import of the licensed goods and maintaining the database of the granted licenses.
Competent authorities of the Parties will quarterly communicate about the actual amounts of their export / import.
1. In case of any distinctions in system of regulation of foreign economic relations or in the legislation of members of the Customs union and the legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan which are not relating to the questions specified in Article 2 of this agreement, but which can cause damage to interests of one of the Parties, the Parties will hold without delay consultations with the purpose of elimination of the reasons which caused such situation.
2. If within three months since the beginning of consultations these causes are not removed, one of the Parties has the right to take necessary measures for prevention or elimination of damage with the simultaneous notification of other Party.
Such measures will be temporary and be cancelled anyway after elimination of the reasons which caused their application.
For the purpose of ensuring compatibility of economic systems, achievements of identical level of liberalization of economy and creation of equal conditions for business entities of the Party will not apply the methods of management of intra economic processes having the actions equivalent to trade restrictions.
The parties will hold consultations for the purpose of elimination of the reasons causing application of such methods.
This agreement becomes effective from the date of exchange of notifications on accomplishment of each of necessary parties for this purpose of interstate procedures and will remain in force before the expiration of six months from date when one of the Parties sends to other Party the written notice of intention to stop its action.
It is made in Dushanbe on February 12, 1997 in duplicate, everyone in the Russian and Tajik languages, and both texts are equally authoritative.
For the Government of the Russian Federation A. Tuleyev
For the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan Ya. Azimov
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.