The consular convention between the Russian Federation and the Republic of Latvia
of December 14, 1994
Russian Federation and Republic of Latvia,
aiming to promote development of friendship between two countries, and also more effective protection of the rights and interests of the citizens,
wishing to establish additional provisions for maintaining the consular relations in development of the Vienna convention on the consular relations signed in Vienna on April 24, 1963
agreed as follows:
In this Convention
1) "consular establishment" means any consulate general, consulate, vice-consulate or the consular agency,
2) "the consular district" means the area allocated to consular establishment for accomplishment of consular functions
3) "the head of consular establishment" means person, it is entrusted to them to be effective in this quality,
4) "the consular official" means any person, including the head of consular establishment to whom accomplishment of consular functions is entrusted in this quality,
5) "the consular employee" means any person which is carrying out administrative or technical obligations in consular establishment
6) "the worker of service personnel" means any person which is carrying out obligations on servicing of consular establishment
"Employees of consular establishment" means 7) consular officials (except for heads of consular establishment), and also consular employees and workers of service personnel,
8) "workers of consular personnel" means consular officials (except for heads of consular establishment), and also consular employees and workers of service personnel,
9) "the private house worker" means person who is only in the private service of the employee of consular establishment
10) "consular rooms" means the buildings used only for consular establishment or parts of buildings and the parcel of land servicing this building or parts of buildings, coma the property right to them belonged,
11) "consular archives" include all papers, documents, correspondence, books, movies, tapes of video sound recording, diskette and registers of consular establishment together with the codes and codes, card-indexes and any furnishings intended for ensuring their safety or storage
12) "the vessel of the represented state" means any vessel, except for public vessels, the having right to go under the flag of the represented state and registered, in this state,
13) "the aircraft of the represented state" means any aircraft, except for military aircraft, registered in the represented state and having the right to bear identification marks of this state.
1. The consular establishment of the represented state can be open in the territory of the state of stay only with the consent of the state of stay.
2. The location of consular establishment, its class, the consular district and number of consular officials are determined by the agreement between the represented state and the state of stay.
3. Further changes of the location of consular establishment, its class and the consular district or number of consular officials can be performed by the represented state only with the consent of the state of stay.
4. The consent of the state of stay is also required if any consulate general or consulate wishes to open vice-consulate or the consular agency not in that settlement where it is.
The prior definitely expressed consent of the state of stay is necessary also for opening of the office constituting part of the existing consular establishment out of the location of the last.
1. Before appointment of the head of consular establishment by the represented state on diplomatic or on other relevant channels the consent of the state of stay in the relation of the offered person shall be received.
2. If the state of stay does not agree to appointment of any person as the head of consular establishment, it shall not report to the represented state motives of such refusal.
3. The represented state sends through diplomatic channels to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the state of stay the consular patent or other similar document for appointment of the head of consular establishment. In this document the name, surname of the head of consular establishment, nationality, its class, the consular district and the location of consular establishment are entered.
4. On receipt of the consular patent or other similar document for appointment of the head of consular establishment the state of stay issues it the permission called by exequatur, whatever form such permission had. The state of stay refusing to issue exequatur or other permission shall not report to the represented state motives of such refusal.
5. Except as specified, provided in Item 6 of this Article and in Article 4, the head of consular establishment can start accomplishment of the functions only after issue of such exequatur or other permission.
6. The state of stay can allow the head of consular establishment to accomplishment of its functions on a temporary basis before issue of exequatur or other permission. In this case provisions of this Convention are applied.
7. As soon as the head of consular establishment is allowed, is even temporary, to accomplishment of the functions, the state of stay immediately notifies on it competent authorities of the consular district. Besides, it provides taking measures, necessary in order that the head of consular establishment could fulfill duties on the position and take the advantages following from this Convention.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.