Agreement between the Government of the Russian Federation and Government of the Republic of Latvia on the international automobile communication
of February 22, 1995
The government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of Latvia which are hereinafter referred to as - "Contracting parties",
being guided by aspiration to further development bilateral торгово - the economic relations,
wishing to develop automobile communication between both countries, and also transit across their territories,
agreed as follows:
According to this agreement regular and irregular transportations of passengers by buses and loads by vehicles (trailer hauling trucks and semitrailer trucks or without them) between both countries and transit on their territories will be performed.
1. Regular transportations of passengers by buses will be performed under approval between competent authorities of Contracting Parties.
2. Proposals on the organization of regular transportations are beforehand submitted each other by competent authorities of Contracting Parties. These offers shall contain data relatively: names of carrier (firm), route, the schedule of movement, rate, stop Items on which the carrier will make landing and disembarkation of passengers, and also the planned period of accomplishment of transportations.
1. For implementation of irregular transportations of passengers by buses between both countries or en route through their territories, except for the transportations provided in Article 4 of this agreement the permissions issued by competent authorities of Contracting Parties are required.
2. For each irregular transportation of passengers by bus separate permission which grants the right to making of one flight there and back shall be issued if other is not stipulated in the permission.
1. Permissions are not required on accomplishment of irregular transportations of passengers by buses (including en route) in cases when:
a) the group of the same structure is transported by the same bus throughout all transportation which is beginning and coming to an end in the territory of the state of that Contracting Party where the bus, or other Contracting Party which is coming to an end in the territory of the state is registered provided that the bus returns to the country where it is registered, empty;
b) the bus from the territory of the state of that Contracting Party where it is registered, goes empty to the territory of other state from where the group of passengers to the state of registration of the bus which is earlier brought by the same carrier is transported;
c) replacement of the defective bus with other bus is made.
2. In case of accomplishment of the transportations provided in Item 1 of this Article, the bus driver shall have the passenger manifest.
1. Transportation of goods between both countries or transit across their territories, except for the transportations provided in Article 6 of this agreement is performed by cargo vehicles on the basis of the permissions issued by competent authorities of Contracting Parties.
2. On each transportation of goods performed by the cargo vehicle separate permission which grants the right to making of one flight there and back shall be issued if other is not stipulated in the permission.
3. Transportation of goods to the third countries or from the third countries is performed on permissions, stipulated in Item 1 this Article.
1. Permissions are not required on accomplishment of transportations:
a) personal estate in case of resettlement;
b) the exhibits, the equipment and materials intended for fairs and exhibitions;
c) vehicles, animal, and also the different stock and property intended for holding sporting events;
d) theatrical sceneries and detail, musical instruments, the equipment and accessories to filmings, radio - and telecasts;
e) bodies and ashes of the dead;
e) the defective or damaged vehicles;
g) vehicles with a loading capacity up to 3.5 tons or with a lump up to 6 tons;
h) on rendering the emergency help in case of natural disasters, accidents and catastrophic crashes;
i) the humanitarian assistance which is drawn up by the relevant documents;
2. Permissions are not required for the vehicles going for technical assistance.
3. The exceptions provided in Items in) and d) Item 1 of this Article, are effective only in those cases if the load is subject to return to the country in which the vehicle, or to export to the third countries is registered.
1. When the sizes or mass of the vehicle following without load or with load exceed the regulations established in the territory of the state of other Contracting Party and also when transporting dangerous goods, the carrier shall get special permission of competent authority of other Contracting Party.
2. If the permission mentioned in Item 1 of this Article provides movement of the vehicle along certain route, shall be transported along this route.
1. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties will annually transfer each other mutually approved number of forms of permissions to transportation of goods.
These forms shall have seal and the signature of the competent authority which issued permission.
2. Competent authorities of Contracting Parties approve among themselves procedure for exchange of forms of permissions.
1. The transportations provided by this agreement can be carried out only by those carriers which according to the domestic legislation of the country are allowed to implementation of international carriages.
2. Carriers and drivers of vehicles of Contracting Parties shall follow traffic regulations and precepts of law of that country on which territory it is transported.
3. The vehicles performing international carriages shall have national registration and distinctive signs of the country.
Carriers of one Contracting Party are not allowed to transport passengers and loads between two Items which are in the territory of other Contracting Party.
The transportation of goods provided by this agreement is performed on delivery notes which form shall correspond to the commonly accepted international samples.
1. Drivers of buses and cargo vehicles shall have national or international car driver licenses and national registration documents on vehicles.
2. National or international car driver licenses shall correspond to the commonly accepted international samples.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.