The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on cooperation in the field of control of drugs
of April 8, 1997
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic which are referred to as further with the Parties
wishing to develop further cooperation in the field of control legal and suppression of illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances (further - drugs),
understanding that drug trafficking and abuse of them pose serious health hazard and to welfare of their people, create the huge problems affecting political, economic, social and cultural interests of both states
being guided by the Interstate program of joint efforts of fight against organized crime and other types of dangerous crimes in the territory of the State Parties of the Commonwealth of Independent States for the period till 2000,
proceeding from the purposes of the Single Convention of the UN on drugs of 1961, the Convention of the UN on psychotropic substances of 1971 and the Convention of the UN on fight against illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances of 1988,
agreed as follows:
The parties perform the obligations under this agreement according to the principles of sovereign equality, territorial integrity and non-interference to internal affairs of each other.
The parties will approve the policy and to perform the coordinated programs for the purpose of:
- enhancement of the legislation in the field of control of drugs;
- prevention of drug addiction;
- treatments and rehabilitations of patients with drug addiction;
- fight against illegal production and drug trafficking, and also the substances listed in Tables I and II of Appendix to the Convention of the UN of 1988 on fight against illicit trafficking in drugs and psychotropic substances.
Policy and programs in the field of control of drugs will be performed according to international treaties which participants are both Parties.
1. For the purpose of accomplishment of this agreement both Parties will appoint national coordinators.
From the Republic of Kazakhstan national coordinator will be State commission of the Republic of Kazakhstan on control of drugs.
From the Kyrgyz Republic national coordinator will be State commission under the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on control of drugs.
National coordinators, by agreement, will hold if necessary consultations, and also to develop measures for increase in efficiency of cooperation.
2. For the purpose of development of cooperation and accomplishment of this agreement direct contacts between law enforcement and special bodies of the Parties and the experts appointed by them can be performed.
1. For the purpose of suppression of drug trafficking of the Party will communicate about:
1) attempts of illicit transportation of drugs on the territory of one of the Parties and about the revealed routes;
2) the methods of concealment of drugs applied at the same time, and also about methods of their identification;
3) persons involved and the drugs which are directly participating in illegal transportation through borders of the states of the Parties;
4) methods of identification of sources of drugs in illicit trafficking and about the taken counteraction measures;
5) changes in the legislation in the field of control of drugs; practical application of the legislation in the field of control of drug trafficking and established practices in the field of investigation of the crimes connected with drugs;
6) the preparing or committed crimes connected with drugs infringing on interests of other Party.
2. Within this agreement of the Party will perform exchange and training of specialists.
Law enforcement and special bodies of the Parties will consider, according to the national legal system, possibilities of combined use of method of controlled delivery and/or other similar methods.
The parties will perform cooperation in the field of prevention of drug addiction, treatment and rehabilitation of addicts, and also to carry out regular exchange of the results received during scientific research on these problems.
Provisions of this agreement will not interfere with any of the Parties in establishment or encouragement of application of any other mutually acceptable forms and methods of cooperation in the field of control legal and suppression of drug trafficking.
The parties will make necessary efforts for creation and reliable functioning of communication systems between the relevant law enforcement and special bodies.
By mutual consent of the Parties changes and additions which are drawn up by the separate Protocol which is integral part of this agreement can be made to this agreement.
This agreement becomes effective from the moment of signing and is effective within five years. It will be prolonged automatically for the subsequent five-year periods if any of the Parties at least in six months prior to the expiration of the corresponding period of its action does not notify other Party on the intention to terminate this agreement.
It is made in Almaty on April 8, 1997 in duplicate, everyone in the Kazakh, Kyrgyz and Russian languages, and all texts are equally authoritative.
For the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan
For the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.