The agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic on cooperation in the field of medicine and health care
of April 8, 1997
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic which are hereinafter referred to as with "Parties"
proceeding from the principles of neighborliness, equality, respecting sovereignty of the states, in view of the aspiration to support and develop traditional ties in the field of medicine and health care,
recognizing relevance of cooperation in the field of health care, production of medicines and medical equipment, delivery of health care to citizens of one state in the territory of another, natural disaster response and catastrophic crashes, exchange of information in carrying out different researches,
considering interest of both Parties in mutually beneficial and equal cooperation on long-term and stable basis,
agreed as follows:
The parties will develop cooperation in the solution of priority tasks of national programs in the field of protection and strengthening of health of the population.
The parties will promote expansion of direct connections between healthcare institutions, and also the bodies of health care which are hereinafter referred to as in the text "the cooperating organizations" taking into account features of transition to the market relations.
The parties will develop mutually beneficial cooperation in the following fields of health care and medical science:
- rendering primary and specialized medical care to the adult and children's population;
- preventive medicine and environmental protection;
- pharmacy and medical equipment, including production;
- sanatorium treatment and rehabilitation;
- preparation of scientific and medical personnel;
- joint carrying out scientific developments;
- development and deployment of information and computer systems in health care;
- health care reforming;
- medical insurance of the population;
- medical statistics;
- prevention and liquidation of medical and sanitary effects of emergency situations;
- exchange of operational information;
- the help and interaction in case of threat of spread of especially dangerous infections;
- quality control, standardization and certifications of medicines and medical equipment.
Bonds between the cooperating organizations are performed on the basis of direct agreements which shall correspond to legislations of both states. The cooperating organizations bear responsibility for observance of contractual commitments.
The parties on mutual basis will render assistance in the organization medical and advisory, scientific and other types of cooperation to the treatment-and-prophylactic, research, sanatorium and other healthcare institutions which are under authority of the ministries and departments of contracting states.
Render emergency and emergency medical service to citizens of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Kazakhstan free of charge, without mutual compensation of costs. Provide planned medical care in the direction of the organizations and healthcare institutions of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Kazakhstan with the subsequent payment of cost of treatment by insurance companies, companies and organizations for place of employment or the patient's residence, or payment of cost of treatment of citizens at the expense of their personal means.
The parties will notify each other on plans of holding congresses, conferences and other similar actions. At request and offers of scientific and medical organizations and other organizations of the states they will render assistance in acceptance of the specialists participating in these actions at the expense of the sending parties.
In extreme situations of the Party will provide the emergency medical and advisory help on a grant basis.
For the purpose of assistance to further development and deepening of cooperation in the field of sanitary protection of the territories and ensuring sanitary and epidemiologic wellbeing of the Party agreed mutually to inform each other:
- immediately about cases of diseases and poisonings of people, including about the facts of delivery of quarantine and especially dangerous infections, the environmental pollution constituting danger to the adjacent territories of the Parties with information on the taken measures and decisions;
- monthly about condition of infectious incidence with the accruing result on agreed form, including the adjoining areas among themselves;
- without delay about the facts of receipt or transit of loads, goods hazardous to health of the population, and also about holding sanitary and anti-epidemic actions for the prevention of their adverse effect on health of the person;
- about forms of the hygienic certificate (conclusion) or other document confirming safety of products and procedure for its issue to the supplier;
- epidemic and epizootic situation and the forecast in the natural centers of plague and other especially dangerous infections;
- in case of allocation of epidemic strains of cholera vibrioes from environment objects.
Render assistance each other in localization of outbreaks of infectious diseases by the direction of specialists, appliances without mutual compensation of costs, and also by agreement, joint inspections in the adjacent focal territories.
To immediately inform each other on emergence of all cases of food poisonings and mass diseases of the people connected with the use of the exported products hazardous to health of the person in the country being the participant of this agreement.
The parties will carry out joint operation on optimization of curricula and programs of the highest and average medical educational institutions, to establish direct creative connections between these institutions and to perform exchange of graduate students, doctoral candidates, students and pupils on contractual basis.
By interaction of the relevant structures of the Party on contractual basis advanced trainings of medical, teaching and scientific personnel in the organizations subordinated to them by allocation of permits to the corresponding cycles, and also training on workplaces will give opportunity.
The parties, proceeding from possibility of development and enhancement of production of medical equipment, medicines and their exchange, will promote increase in efficiency of cooperation between the states in these areas, including by creation of joint businesses on production of necessary products of medical appointment, medicines.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.