Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, Government of the Republic of Tajikistan and Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan on forming and status of interstate scientific and technological programs
of June 26, 1998
The government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic, the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties
noting need of concentration of scientific and financial resources on the solution of priority tasks of scientific and technological and social and economic development;
for the purpose of forming of the approved legal basis of interaction in the course of forming and implementation of interstate scientific and technological programs;
realizing provisions of article 4 of the Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Government of the Kyrgyz Republic and the Government of the Republic of Uzbekistan about creation of general scientific and technological space of March 14, 1997,
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement the stated below terms have the following value:
- The interstate scientific and technological program (further "Program") - the complex of the research, design and technological developments which are carried out on the approved basis by the Organizations contractors of Programs of this agreement and the social and economic problems directed to effective solution for the benefit of the participating states coordinated on resource and to implementation terms including creation of samples of competitive products for its subsequent production;
- The state customer - executive body, the actionee of obligations and the organization of works on the Program in the state;
- The organization contractor - the scientific center, research, design or other scientific organization, the company of the State Party of this agreement involved under the agreement (contract) in accomplishment of the Program.
1. The organization of works on forming, realization and control of the course of accomplishment of the Program is performed by Coordination Council on scientific technology development (further "Coordination council").
2. Offers on forming of the Program with the corresponding reasons are made in Coordination Council by his members according to the procedure established by Coordination Council.
3. The coordination council considers the introduced draft of the Program with enclosed by the explanatory note and the feasibility statement. In case of approval of the Program the Coordination Council submits in accordance with the established procedure for consideration of Council of Prime Ministers the draft of the intergovernmental agreement about cooperation on accomplishment of the Program.
4. The agreement on cooperation shall determine sources and procedure for financing of the works performed in each of the states, cross financial and other liabilities, procedure and conditions of use of scientific and technical objects and results of researches, including the intellectual property rights, procedure for permission of matters of argument, the organizational mechanism of cooperation including appointment of the state customers by accomplishment of the Program.
5. The program is integral part of the intergovernmental agreement about cooperation on accomplishment of the Program and from the date of the introduction it in force is acquired by the status of interstate.
6. Accomplishment of scientific and technological drafts of the Program is performed on the basis of the agreements signed by the Organizations contractors.
7. Financing and coordination of works on program implementation in the State Parties are performed by the State customers.
8. The coordination council considers progress in accomplishment of the Program, if necessary involving independent examination, and represents to Mezhgossovet and Council of Prime Ministers the relevant information.
1. Financing of research works is, as a rule, performed separately in case of which each state participating in accomplishment of the Program finances the part of the Program.
Financing of separate Programs can be performed at the expense of contributions of the State Parties of the Program.
2. Accomplishment of the Program is performed at the expense of means of the government budgets provided on financing of research works. Funds from non-budgetary sources can be raised.
Tasks of the Program are financed by the State customers in priority procedure.
1. The privileges established by legislations of the State Parties of this agreement extend to the works performed by the Organizations contractors for the Program.
2. The state customers and the Organizations contractors of the State Parties of the Program have the right of carrying out converting and direct transfer of money to the partners performing joint and custom operations and being in other State Parties of the Program.
3. During their business trips to other State Parties of the Program also utilities on the conditions operating for citizens of adoptive state are provided to the staff of the organizations participating in accomplishment of the Program medical, social, household.
4. The parties will provide most favored nation treatments for the sales of products created within the Program in the markets of scientific and technical goods and services of the State Parties of this agreement.
1. Provisions of this agreement do not mention obligations assumed by the Parties according to other international treaties.
2. This agreement becomes effective from date of delivery on storage to depositary of the last notification on accomplishment by the Parties of the interstate procedures necessary for entry into force of the Agreement which signed it.
3. Changes and additions on the basis of arrangements of the Parties which are drawn up by Protocols which are integral part of this agreement can be made to this agreement and become effective in the same order, as this agreement.
4. The matters of argument connected using or interpretation of this agreement, are permitted by consultations and negotiations of concerned parties.
5. This agreement is effective within five years from the date of its entry into force. After this term the Agreement is automatically prolonged for the next five-year period if the Parties do not make other decision.
6. Each Party can leave this agreement, having sent the written notice of it to depositary not later than six months to exit.
Cancellation of this agreement concerning the Party which notified on the exit from this agreement cannot form the basis for cancellation of the Agreement for other his participants and does not interfere with implementation of agreements on cooperation on accomplishment of Programs which participant is this state.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.