Agreement between the Governments of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and Republic of Uzbekistan on creation of general scientific and technological space
of March 14, 1997
The governments of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan which are hereinafter referred to as with the Parties, being effective according to the Contract on creation of common economic space between the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan of April 30, 1994 and the decision of Heads of states of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan on the Program of action for forming of common economic space for 1996-1998 of August 23, 1996, (the Section IV, Item 2), considering necessary to take urgent measures for support of science, preserving and development of scientific and technical potentials, aiming to create favorable conditions for development of science and technology, it is the most full and effectively to use scientific and technical potentials in social and economic development of the State Parties, agreed as follows:
1. The parties will take agreed measures on creation of general scientific and technological space which forming will happen step by step in interrelation with development of integration processes.
2. The general scientific and technological space of the State Parties of the Agreement implies carrying out by these states the approved scientific and technological policy on the directions of science and technology which are of mutual interest, harmonization of national regulatory frameworks, provision to each State Party of this agreement of possibility of use of the markets of scientific and technological goods and services of other State Parties of the Agreement according to their legislations.
For the purpose of creation of general scientific and technological space of the Party will provide interaction in the solution of the specific objectives directed on:
- creation of the mechanism of coordination of integration processes in the field of science, technologies and preparation of scientific personnel;
- development of financial and economic mechanisms, systems of mutual calculations and payments when carrying out joint scientific research;
- cancellation of customs restrictions in case of exchange of results of scientific research, experimental both prototypes and technologies, transfer of scientific literature, scientific and technical information, devices, the experimental equipment, reactants and other materials for research works;
- providing open entry to open scientific and technical information and the data which do not have commercial nature;
- provision of the equal rights to the research organizations, scientists and specialists of the State Parties of this agreement in the markets of scientific and technological goods and services, and also with participation in tenders on open state orders.
The main sales term of this agreement of the Party consider the recognition of priority of the scientific and technological sphere by all State Parties of this agreement which is expressed in need of the accelerated forming of regulatory framework of its support and development and also corresponding to this priority of the guaranteed level of public financing of this sphere.
As the first-priority measures directed to creation of general scientific and technological space of the Party consider necessary to prepare and sign the following interstate and intergovernmental agreements:
about forming and the status of interstate scientific and technological programs and projects;
about organization and the status of the international research centers;
about procedure for attraction to accomplishment of national scientific and technological programs of the scientific organizations, scientists and specialists of the State Parties of this agreement;
about procedure for currency-free exchange of scientific publications and the periodical press translated by foreign scientific and scientific and pedagogical literature;
about creation of the interlibrary subscription.
1. For the purpose of development of agreed decisions on implementation of this agreement the Coordination Council on scientific technology development (KCHTP), KCHTP is created consists of heads of state bodies the sphere of science and technologies, performs the activities based on the Provision approved by Interstate Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic and the Republic of Uzbekistan.
2. KCHTP considers conceptual questions of forming of general scientific and technological space, determines the priority directions and forms of scientific and technological cooperation, makes decisions within the competence, prepares and submits in accordance with the established procedure for consideration of heads of states and heads of governments draft documents on the questions connected with the solution of specific objectives of creation of general scientific and technological space.
3. Organizational support of activities of KCHTP is performed by Executive committee of Interstate Council of the State Parties.
1. Financing of the research works performed by the scientific organizations, scientists and specialists of the State Parties within interstate scientific and scientific and technological programs and projects is performed, as a rule, by the relevant Party at the expense of own means.
2. For financing of separate interstate scientific and technological programs and projects, and also the international research centers the special trust funds can be created.
3. In process of development of integration processes in general, and also forming of general scientific and technological space, the party based on offers of KCHTP will consider question of creation at the expense of pro rata contributions of Interstate fund of scientific technology development.
1. Will take the coordinated measures for preparation of the corresponding national regulatory legal acts for ensuring implementation of this agreement of the Party.
2. Participation in implementation of this agreement in general, as well as participation in the solution of specific objectives in the different directions of creation of general scientific and technological space, and also in programs and projects of multilateral cooperation among themselves, are performed on mutually advantageous and voluntary basis.
3. The parties will abstain from the actions contradicting provisions of this agreement and interfering realization of the objects set in it and also causing damage to other State Parties of this agreement.
4. The parties reserve the right of independent and independent determination of forms and conditions of the scientific and technological relations with the states which are not participating in this agreement.
Changes and additions by mutual consent of the Parties can be made to this agreement.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.