Agreement between state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization on Regional anti-terrorist structure
of June 7, 2002
The state members of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization which are the Parties of the Shanghai convention on fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism of June 15, 2001 (further - the Parties),
being guided by the purposes and the principles of the United Nations concerning maintenance of international peace, safety and encouragement good-neighbourhood and friendship and also cooperation between the states,
realizing that terrorism, separatism and extremism pose threat to international peace and safety, development of friendship between the states, and also to implementation of basic rights and human freedoms,
being convinced of need of mutually agreed actions for the benefit of ensuring territorial integrity, safety and stability of the Parties, including by strengthening of cooperation in fight against terrorism, by separatism and extremism,
proceeding from the Declaration on creation of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of June 15, 2001, the Shanghai convention on fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism of June 15, 2001 (daleekonvention) and Charters of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization of June 7, 2002,
agreed as follows:
For the purposes of this agreement following concepts mean:
the official - the person directed by the Party for work in the RATS Executive committee and appointed by the Director to the corresponding established post;
the representative - person to who the sending party assigns obligation to act in this quality in Council of RATS;
the employee - person directed by the Party for accomplishment of the functions connected with activities of the representative;
rooms - mean buildings or parts of buildings, regardless of form and accessory of the property right to them, including the parcel of land servicing this building or part of the building;
state of stay - The party in the territory of which the headquarters or department RATS is located.
The parties establish Regional anti-terrorist structure (further - RATS) the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (further - SCO). The headquarters of RATS is located in the city of Tashkent of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
If necessary Council of Chapters of state members of SCO can establish departments RATS in the territories of the Parties.
The status of department RATS and persons working in it is determined by the agreement between SCO and the government of the state of stay.
RATS is permanent body of SCO and is intended for assistance of coordination and to interaction of competent authorities of the Parties in fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism as these acts are determined in the Convention.
RATS has the status of the legal entity and in this quality, in particular, has the right:
- sign agreements;
- acquire personal and real estate and dispose of it;
- open and manage bank accounts in any currency;
- bring suits in courts and participate in legal proceedings.
The rights provided by this Article are performed on behalf of RATS by the Director of the RATS Executive committee (further - the Director).
Financing of activities of RATS is performed from budget funds of SCO. The procedure for financing of RATS is determined by the documents regulating questions of the budget of SCO.
The main objectives and the RATS functions are:
1) development of offers and recommendations of development of cooperation in fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism for the relevant structures of SCO, and also at the request of the Parties;
2) assistance of the Parties to competent authorities at the request of one of the Parties in fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism, including according to Convention provisions;
3) collection and information analysis, arriving in RATS from the Parties, concerning fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism;
4) forming of databank RATS, in particular, about:
- international terrorist, separatist and other extremist organizations, their structure, leaders and participants, others persons, and also sources and channels of their financing, involved in them;
- the condition, dynamics and tendencies of distribution of terrorism, separatism and extremism infringing on interests of the Parties;
- the non-governmental organizations and persons giving support to terrorism, separatism and extremism;
5) provision of information on requests of competent authorities of the Parties;
6) assistance in preparation and carrying out anti-terrorist command and staff and battle exercises at the request of concerned parties;
7) assistance in preparation and holding operational search and other actions for fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism at the request of the Parties;
8) assistance in implementation of the international search of persons who presumably made the acts specified in Item 1 of article 1 of the Convention for the purpose of their criminal prosecution;
9) participation in preparation of the international legal documents raising the questions of fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism;
10) assistance in training of specialists and instructors for anti-terrorist divisions;
11) participation in preparation and holding scientific and practical conferences, seminars, assistance in experience exchange concerning fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism;
12) establishment and maintenance of working contacts with the international organizations dealing with issues of fight against terrorism, separatism and extremism.
In the activities RATS is guided by the documents and decisions concerning fight against terrorism, the separatism and extremism accepted within SCO.
RATS interacts with competent authorities of the Parties, including exchange of information, and prepares the corresponding materials on requests of other bodies of SCO.
The procedure for creation and functioning of databank RATS, and also the questions concerning provision, exchange, use and protection of the relevant information are regulated by free standing agreements.
The parties determine the list of the competent authorities which perform interaction with RATS.
The parties in writing notify on it depositary within 30 days after accomplishment of the interstate procedures necessary for entry into force of this agreement.
In case of changes in the list of competent authorities of one of the Parties, it in writing notifies on it depositary.
Bodies of RATS are Council of RATS (further - Council) and Executive committee, established by this agreement. Council can create necessary facilitative branches.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.