of August 12, 2003 No. 197
About bodies and organizations of criminal and executive (penitentiary) system
Accepted by General Court of Jogorku Kenesh of the Kyrgyz Republic on June 19, 2003
The preamble of the Law voided according to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of 20.12.2013 No. 222
Activities of criminal executive system are performed on the basis of the principles of legality, humanity and respect of human rights.
Tasks of criminal executive system are:
- execution of criminal penalties according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of criminal and executive activities;
- content of persons who committed crimes in pre-trial detention centers according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic in the field of criminal and executive activities;
- providing law and order and legality in organizations of criminal executive system, safety of the convicts containing in them, persons taken into custody and also personnel of the officials and citizens who are in the territories of these organizations;
- the paragraph the fifth ceased to be valid according to the Law of the Kyrgyz Republic of 23.04.2021 No. 56
- involvement of convicts to work, and also ensuring their general and professional education;
- ensuring health protection of convicts;
- providing conditions for broader attraction and target use of charitable, public and other extrabudgetary funds;
- implementation of operational search activities, and also assistance to the bodies performing it in disclosure and prevention of crimes;
- protection and convoy of the convicts and persons taken into custody along the established routes, and also in case of their extradition in case of accomplishment of the international obligations of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The legal basis of activities of bodies and organizations of criminal executive system is constituted by the Constitution, this Law, other regulatory legal acts of the Kyrgyz Republic, and also the international agreements which came in the procedure established by the law into force which participant is the Kyrgyz Republic.
This Law determines bases of activities of the bodies and organizations performing according to the legislation of the Kyrgyz Republic execution of criminal penalties, detention of persons accused of making of crimes, the status of criminal executive system, legal status of personnel of penitentiary service.
State bodies within the powers and local government bodies within the delegated state powers and means delegated for implementation of the delegated state powers:
- render assistance in completing of personnel of organizations of criminal executive system (further - personnel) qualified personnel;
- create to organizations of criminal executive system conditions for their activities and involvement of convicts to work, and also provide realization of guarantees of legal and social protection of employees of criminal executive system and members of their families;
- create the supervisory committees, the commissions on cases of children, and control activities of correctional facilities;
- establish for employees of criminal executive system the additional guarantees of social protection which are not provided by this Law at the expense of the relevant budgets;
- give help to persons exempted from places of serving sentence in social adaptation and in their employment;
- allocate funds for construction of correctional facilities and reconstruction of the objects which are available in their territory under correctional facilities;
- allocate on a grant basis the parcels of land, structures, stock for the organization of subsidiary farms of correctional facilities.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.