of July 25, 2002 No. 113-FZ
About alternative civil service
Accepted by the State Duma on June 28, 2002
Approved by the Federation Council on July 10, 2002
This Federal Law governs the relations connected with realization by citizens of the Russian Federation (further - citizens) constitutional right on replacement of military service by alternative civil service.
1. Alternative civil service - special type of the labor activity for the benefit of society and the state performed by citizens instead of military service.
2. The legal basis of alternative civil service are the Constitution of the Russian Federation, the Federal constitutional Laws, this Federal Law, other Federal Laws and other regulatory legal acts of the Russian Federation, the conventional principles and rules of international law and the international agreements of the Russian Federation accepted according to them, and also the legislation of subjects of the Russian Federation applied in the part which is not contradicting this Federal Law.
3. The status of the citizens passing alternative civil service is established by this Federal Law according to the Constitution of the Russian Federation.
The labor activity of the citizens passing alternative civil service is regulated by the Labor Code of the Russian Federation taking into account the features provided by this Federal Law.
The citizen has the right to replacement of military service by alternative civil service in cases if:
execution of military service contradicts his beliefs or religion;
it concerns indigenous ethnic group of the Russian Federation, leads traditional life, performs traditional economic activity and is engaged in traditional crafts of indigenous ethnic groups of the Russian Federation.
1. Male citizens aged from 18 up to 27 years which do not stay in inventory go to alternative civil service, have the right to replacement of military service by alternative civil service, personally submitted the application to military commissariat for desire to replace military service by alternative civil service and on which according to this Federal Law the draft commission which creation is regulated by the Federal Law of March 28, 1998 No. 53-FZ "About conscription and military service" (further - the Federal Law "About Conscription and Military Service") makes the relevant decision.
2. Citizens who according to the Federal Law "About Conscription and Military Service" do not go to alternative civil service:
have the reasons for release from conscription;
are not subject to conscription;
have the reasons for provision of draft deferment on military service.
1. Citizens pass alternative civil service individually, and also as a part of groups or forming:
in the organizations subordinated to federal executive bodies;
in the organizations subordinated to executive bodies of subjects of the Russian Federation;
in the organizations of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation, other troops, military forming and bodies as civil personnel.
Passing of alternative civil service in the organizations subordinated to local government bodies, is determined by the Federal Law.
2. Citizens pass alternative civil service, as a rule, outside the territories of subjects of the Russian Federation in which they constantly live.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.