of December 24, 1999 No. 756-XIV
About work accident insurance and occupational diseases
The parliament adopts this organic law.
The right to work accident insurance and occupational diseases is guaranteed by the state.
(1) Work accident insurance and occupational diseases consists in establishment of the specific relations by means of which social protection from the following categories of professional risk is provided: decrease in working capacity, disability, death owing to labor accident or occupational disease.
(2) Work accident insurance and occupational diseases is component of the state system of compulsory social insurance.
(3) Work accident insurance and occupational diseases guarantees to insured persons set of services and benefits for the purpose of:
a) reduction and compensation of consequences of labor accidents and occupational diseases;
b) safety of work and accident prevention on production and occupational diseases.
(4) Work accident insurance and occupational diseases is based on the principle of capture on itself obligations concerning professional risk by those who use results of work, on the principle of obligation of contributing and other principles of the state system of compulsory social insurance.
(5) the Insurer from labor accidents and occupational diseases is the National cash desk of social insurance and its territorial structures.
According to this law are subject to compulsory insurance from labor accidents and occupational diseases and hereinafter are referred to as as insured persons:
a) the citizens of the Republic of Moldova, foreign citizens, stateless persons performing activities in the territory of the Republic of Moldova on the basis of the individual employment contract signed with the employer from the Republic of Moldova;
b) the citizens of the Republic of Moldova performing labor activity abroad on the basis of the legal order of the employer from the Republic of Moldova;
c) the persons performing activities on elective offices or appointed in bodies of the public power - for term of office; they have the same rights and obligations, as well as persons specified in Item a).
(1) the Insurance relations are established between the employer and the insurer. Employers are the legal entities and physical persons using remunerative work.
(The Employer shall insure 2) against labor accidents and occupational diseases of each worker from the moment of the conclusion with it the individual employment contract.
Work accident insurance and occupational diseases is performed according to the procedure, established by National cash desk of social insurance.
(1) the Status of person insured against labor accidents and occupational diseases remains throughout action of the insurance relations and is lost from the moment of their termination.
(2) the Status of insured person remains also after the termination of the insurance relations in case of occupational disease if the former insured person proves based on the medical documents issued in the procedure established by the legislation that the risk factors specific to its workplace are etiology.
Insured events are labor accidents and occupational diseases.
(1) Work accident insurance and occupational diseases is performed for the purpose of:
a) accident preventions on production and occupational diseases;
b) medical and employment rehabilitation of insured persons, victims of labor accidents and occupational diseases, recovery of their working capacity;
c) rendering services and provision of money allowances in accordance with the terms, provided by this law.
(2) the Insurer shall organize the activities for realization of the purposes provided by this Article and also keep confidentiality of all information to which he has access in case of realization of these purposes.
(1) Insured persons have the right to the following insurance services and benefits:
a) services in medical rehabilitation;
b) services in working capacity recovery;
c) services in employment rehabilitation;
d) temporary disability benefit;
e) benefit in connection with temporary transfer for other work;
f) benefit on on restriction of opportunities;
g) benefit on the occasion of death.
(2) Services in medical rehabilitation and recovery of working capacity are priority before benefits.
(1) Insured persons have the right to the medical support corresponding to the damage of health caused by labor accident or occupational disease:
a) out-patient treatment;
b) medical analyses and medicines;
c) emergency medical service;
d) medical services in specialized hospitals and clinics;
e) services in plastic and recovery surgery;
f) services in physical therapy.
(2) the Insurer shall refund expenses on the medical services rendered for the purpose of treatment or rehabilitation of the insured person which was injured owing to loss occurrence, and provided in addition to the services provided by the current legislation.
(3) For reduction or compensation of consequences of damage of health which reason the labor accident or occupational disease, insured persons in the cases established by the medical expert of the insurer was have the right on:
a) special leaving;
b) sanatorium treatment;
c) covering of the transportation expenses connected with visit of medical or sanatorium institutions, and expenses of the accompanying person;
d) receipt of medical and sanitary materials and products for correction of hearing and sight;
e) technical supportive applications (any product, the tool, the equipment or technical system of special or general purpose used by person with limited opportunities which warn compensate, monitorirut, reduce or neutralize difficulties of persons with limited opportunities). This right extends also to covering of expenses on their repair;
f) ceased to be valid according to the Law of the Republic of Moldova of 28.07.2016 No. 201
(4) the List of the materials, products and means intended for reduction or compensation of consequences of damage of the health caused by labor accident or occupational disease affirms the Government according to the offer of National cash desk of social insurance.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.