of February 18, 1999 No. 285-XIV
The parliament adopts this organic law.
This law establishes the legal basis of the organization and carrying out gamblings in the Republic of Moldova.
(1) Gambling in understanding of this law is the game held according to rules, participation in which allows to win money, other property or property rights, and the result is determined by the actions fully or partially based on case.
(2) In understanding of this law are not considered as gamblings:
a) the ware lotteries having irregular, entertaining nature and not providing profit for organizers if the total cost of the issued lottery tickets does not exceed 5000 lei, and the maximum size of prize - three minimum wages established on the date of holding draw;
b) the games held by means of machines, devices, devices and other means which are not assuming random elements for the purpose of testing only of force, dexterity, skill of participants if the maximum size of prize does not exceed two minimum wages established on the date of holding games;
c) the games organized by physical persons and legal entities in which the prize fund is created of own profit of these persons for the purpose of stimulation of the main activities or in the advertizing purposes and which do not provide payment for participation in game in any form.
(1) Gamblings share on:
a) freaks of chance which result is determined by the actions which are completely based on case; at the same time regularly distributed accidental figures and their combinations on which the result of game depends are determined by means of pack, roulette wheel, dice, lottery tickets, gaming machines or otherwise;
b) bets which result is determined by the actions which are partially based on case; at the same time the player stakes on reality or unreality of any event, and the organizer of game shall pay won the prize amount;
c) the game of dexterity which result partially depends on physical dexterity of the player at the same time the minimum size of prize cannot be less than the size of rate.
(2) in case of dispute on to what of types of gamblings this gambling concerns, has the right to make the decision the Ministry of Finance.
The gamblings which are not conforming to requirements of this law are prohibited, and their carrying out in the territory of the Republic of Moldova is not allowed.
(1) the Player - the person who paid the participation in game and having the right to the prize provided by rules of the game.
(2) participation in gamblings (except lotteries and games of dexterity Is forbidden) persons which did not reach 18-year age.
(1) Gamblings are organized by the rules approved by the Ministry of Finance and containing:
a) name of the organizer of game;
b) the exact description of the applied system of game (detailed conditions of game);
c) place, procedure and deadline of issue of prizes;
d) procedure and terms of permission of claims of players;
e) other data determined by the relevant articles of this law.
(2) Rules of carrying out gamblings are represented to Licensed chamber along with the declaration for receipt of the license for activities in the field of gamblings. Rules of carrying out gamblings affirm on each effective period of the license separately (both in case of issue, and in case of license renewal). Changes in them can be made only from written consent of the Ministry of Finance.
(3) the Ministry of Finance has the right to establish additional terms to rules of carrying out gambling or group of gamblings.
(4) Rules of carrying out gambling shall be exhibited at the place where game is organized, and shall be shown on the first demand of the player.
(5) Plath for participation in gamblings it is performed in national currency.
Supervision and control of carrying out gamblings are performed by the Ministry of Finance and Licensed chamber.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.