of February 15, 1995 No. 371-XIII
About breeding case in livestock production
The parliament adopts this law.
This law determines legal and economic basis of the organization of breeding case in republic livestock production, and also governs the relations between the state, owners, owners and users of breeding resources.
The purpose of adoption of this law are, first, creation of economic premises for improvement of quality and increase in gross output of livestock production on the basis of improvement of the existing breeds, creations and implementations in production of new breeds, types, lines, crosses and hybrids of animals with high productive and adaptive potential and protection of selection achievements, secondly, protection of the rights of the physical persons and legal entities having conditions for obtaining, improvement, reproduction, use and realization of breeding resources for the purpose of increase in production of livestock production.
The legislation on breeding case in livestock production consists of this law and, the Law on N412-XIV livestock production of May 27, 1999, other legal acts regulating activities in this area.
For the purpose of this law the following concepts are used:
selection and reproduction in livestock production - system of zootechnical, genetic, organizational and selection measures which provide gain in productivity and improvement of valuable qualities of animals;
breeding animal - the animal containing on farm (with the certificate of breed) used for reproduction;
breeding resources - breeding resources and products (seed grain, embryos, ova, the bird's eggs, silk-worm eggs of silkworm and caviar of fish intended for reproduction) received from them.
(1) the concept "owners of breeding resources" is implied as the physical persons and legal entities having these resources by the property right, ownerships or uses.
(2) the Breeding resources which are in ownership of the breeding plants and breeding farms, the state companies for breeding case and artificial fertilization of the farm animals, scientific institutions, educational institutions and control and test stations which are engaged in breeding case in livestock production are national property of the Republic of Moldova and are protected by the state.
(3) the Breeding plants and breeding farms, the state companies for breeding case and artificial fertilization of farm animals, the scientific institutions, educational institutions and control and test stations which are engaged in breeding case in livestock production can be privatized only according to the decision of Parliament.
(4) Owners of breeding resources irrespective of type of property and form of business in which ownership there is reproductive herd of this or that breed of animals bear legal responsibility for safety of chistoporodnost, reproductive livestock and observance of production, selection and reproductive requirements.
(1) any physical persons and legal entities observing legal acts on selection and reproduction in livestock production can be engaged in Breeding case in livestock production.
(2) the Right to be engaged in breeding case in livestock production is granted to physical persons and legal entities by issue of licenses according to the procedure, established by the legislation.
(1) Objects of breeding case in livestock production are: cattle, pigs, sheep, goats, horses, bird, rabbits, fur animals, bees, fish, silkworms, other animal species.
(2) the List of the breeds zoned in Moldova, types and crosses of animals is constituted, affirms and can be changed by the Ministry of Agriculture and the food industry according to development programs of livestock production.
(1) the State certification of breeding farms is carried out at the request of the applicant by the certifying commission created by the order of the Minister of Agriculture and the food industry on condition of availability:
a) the animals with breeding certificates registered according to the Law on identification and registration of animals No. 231-XVI of July 20, 2006;
b) the plan of selection and breeding work approved by the Ministry of Agriculture and the food industry;
c) the certificate certifying the state of health of animals, and the veterinary and sanitary permission to activities issued according to the Law on veterinary and sanitary activities No. 221-XVI of October 19, 2007;
d) specialists in the field of livestock production.
(2) Compliance of stock-rearing farm of category breeding is confirmed by the state certificate issued by the Ministry of Agriculture and the food industry according to the proposal of certifying commission valid within three years.
(3) the Stock-rearing farms which did not undergo certification are subject to repeated certification after remedial action according to the instruction of certifying commission.
(4) Certification of breeding farms is carried out once in three years.
The main objectives of owners of breeding resources are:
a) obtaining, reproduction, rational use and preserving breeding resources for the purpose of improvement zoned and creations of new, more productive breeds according to the program approved by the Government;
b) use in selection of the most valuable breeding resources;
c) preserving gene pool of local and disappearing breeds.
Owners of breeding resources have the right:
a) acquire and sell breeding biological material of the breeds zoned in the Republic of Moldova;
b) enter (to unite) associations, societies, the companies which purpose is production of breeding resources;
c) finance scientific research and program implementation on selection and reproduction of breeding animals;
d) participate in exhibitions sales (auctions), reviews of achievements of breeding livestock production;
e) obtain long-term loans and use them for acquisition of breeding resources, construction, reconstruction and modernization of breeding farms;
f) perform other actions which are not contradicting this law.
Owners of breeding resources shall:
a) ceased to be valid according to the Law of the Republic of Moldova of 21.09.2017 No. 185
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.