of July 16, 1997 No. 1257-XIII
About assessment and accreditation of educational institutions of the Republic of Moldova
The parliament adopts this law.
The accreditation of the state and private educational institutions of education system of the Republic of Moldova performed on the basis of impartial and comprehensive assessment of their activities is intended to determine capability of these organizations qualitatively to carry out the tasks provided by the Education law.
This law determines evaluation procedure and accreditations of the state and private educational institutions of the Republic of Moldova of all levels.
(1) Assessment and accreditation of educational institutions are prerogative of the Ministry of Public Education.
(2) the Ministry of Public Education creates within the structure Department by assessment and accreditation of educational institutions (daleedepartament).
(3) the Ministry of Public Education in coordination with other interested ministries and departments creates ad hoc commissions by assessment and accreditation.
(4) the Regulations on activities of ad hoc commissions affirm the Ministry of Public Education.
Requirements imposed to educational institutions in case of their assessment and accreditation concern all spheres of their organization and functioning: professionalism of pedagogical personnel, content and form of training process, condition of material and technical resources, the list of specialties, financial and economic activities, scientific activities (in organizations of the higher and post-university education), quality and efficiency of educational and educational process, compliance of level of training of trainees to the state educational standards.
The administrative personnel of the accredited educational institution (the rector, the vice rector, the dean, the pro-dean, the scientific secretary, the head of the department, the director, the deputy director) shall consist of the teachers with the main regulation of loading in this educational institution having rank of university professor or konferentsiar (in organizations of the higher and post-university education) or pedagogical category (in pre-university educational institutions).
Curricula and programs of the accredited educational institutions shall conform to requirements of the Ministry of Education and Science and to provisions of documents of the profile international organizations which the Republic of Moldova joined.
(1) the Accredited educational institutions shall have the material and technical resources conforming to state standards.
(2) For receipt of accreditation the educational institution shall produce the evidence that it according to the Education law and the state educational standards has:
a) the rooms (which are in its property or leased), providing due conducting training process, including specialized, and also the laboratories, workshops, halls equipped with the corresponding equipment;
b) library with reading rooms and own or leasable (under the contract) the fund of books corresponding to training content;
c) the base necessary for the organization of the practice provided by curricula.
(1) According to the Education law, this law and the Law on approval of the Regulations on assessment and accreditation of educational institutions all state and private educational institutions are subject without fail to assessment and accreditation. The schedule of accreditation and frequency of assessment of educational institutions affirm annually the Ministry of Public Education.
(2) the Procedure of accreditation includes two stages:
a) acceptance by body of the public power of the decision on creation of the state educational institution or licensing for creation and temporary functioning of private educational institution;
b) assessment and accreditation of the state or private educational institution granting them all rights provided by the Education law.
(3) Accreditation of newly created educational institutions is made after licensing: for kindergartens and elementary schools - not later than in 4 years, for pre-university and higher educational institutions - after the first final examinations (on the licentiate's degree) at the corresponding step of education.
(4) the Educational institution will be accredited based on the decision of the Ministry of Public Education or the appeal of the relevant organization if it has: the charter, the decision on creation of this educational institution, the registration certificate granted by the Ministry of Justice (for private educational institutions), the license for the right of implementation of activities, at least 60 percent of pedagogical personnel from the established regulation for the relevant educational institution, including for higher educational institutions - at least 30 percent of specialists with scientific, pedagogical and honorary titles and categories at the time of accreditation and at least 45 percent in case of subsequent assessment.
(5) the Higher educational institution for receipt of accreditation shall provide passing the final exams (on the licentiate's degree) at least than 50 percent from total quantity of the students enlisted in due time on the first rate.
(6) the Private educational institution for receipt of accreditation shall produce the evidence that it used during the period of temporary functioning at least 25 percent of the income on development of the material and technical resources.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.
The document ceased to be valid since November 23, 2014 according to article 156 of the Code of the Republic of Moldova about education of July 17, 2014 No. 152