of July 21, 1995 No. 547-XIII
The parliament adopts this law.
In this law education is understood as process of the organization of training and education by means of which the personality reaches the certain level of physical, intellectual and spiritual training established by the state and receives the appropriate certificate about education. The education system includes network of organizations of formation of different types and patterns of ownership, training programs, technologies and the state educational standards of different levels and the directions, and also governing bodies of education and organizations subordinated to them and the companies.
This law determines state policy in the field of education and regulates the organization and functioning of education system.
The legal basis of education are:
a) Constitution of the Republic of Moldova;
b) The concept of development of education in the Republic of Moldova;
c) this law and other legal acts adopted according to it.
Education in the Republic of Moldova takes the priority place.
(1) Education is single system in the conceptual plan in case of variety of structures, forms, content and technologies of teaching and educational process.
(2) the Policy of the state in the field of education is based on the principles of humanitarization, availability, adaptivity, creativity and variety. Education is democratic and humane, open and flexible, creating and developing and is based on national and universal cultural values.
(3) secular nature has the State education and it is free from party and ideological, political, racial and national discrimination.
(4) Spiritual and moral education in system of the state primary education is obligatory subject, and in system of average, secondary vocational and higher education - optional subject. This subject is taught by persons who received the corresponding professional training. Development of the concept, training programs and preparation of pedagogical personnel for teaching the subject "Spiritual and Moral Education" is prerogative of the Ministry of Public Education.
(5) the State education is free.
(1) the Main educational task of school consists in free, harmonious development of the person and forming of the creative person capable to adapt to the changing living conditions.
(2) education Purposes:
a) development of the identity of the child, its mental and physical capacities and bents at the level of its maximum potential;
b) education of respect for human rights and freedoms irrespective of its ethnic origin, social origin and the relation to religion - to the principles established in Articles of organization of the United Nations;
c) training of the child for life in free society in the atmosphere of mutual understanding, the world, tolerance, equality between floors and friendship between all people, ethnic, national and religious groups;
d) forming of requirement to work for the sake of own and public benefit, education of respect for creators of material and cultural wealth;
e) education of respect for parents, to originality, language and cultural values of the people, and also to national values of the country of accommodation, country of source and other cultures;
f) instilling of responsible attitude to the environment; forming of ecological consciousness;
g) ensuring comprehensive physical training (professional applied - for the studying youth), forming of requirement to play physical culture and sport throughout all life.
(3) Education of pupils and students shall be performed in the spirit of the fundamental civil obligations enshrined in the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova among which there is commitment to the country, care of strengthening of the Moldavian statehood, conscious accomplishment of the obligations.
(1) the Right to education is guaranteed irrespective of nationality, floor, race, age, religion, social origin and provision, political affiliation, availability or lack of criminal record.
(2) the State lyceum, professional, secondary vocational and higher education is equally available to all depending on capabilities and bents.
(1) the Education system is based on the state educational standards providing possibility of recognition of national education documents abroad. Standards establish the minimum mandatory requirements to different levels and steps of education. The procedure for development, approval and introduction of educational standards is established by the Ministry of Public Education.
(2) Educational standards constitute basis of objective assessment of level of general and professional training of graduates irrespective of type and form of education.
(3) Use of educational standards is provided also with the organization of services of psychological assistance, school and professional orientation of pupils at all levels and steps of education. Functions of service of psychological assistance are determined by the charter approved by the Ministry of Public Education.
(1) the State provides according to the Constitution and articles 18, 19 and 20 Laws on functioning of languages in the territory of the Republic of Moldova the right to the choice of language of training and education at all levels and steps of education.
(2) the Right of citizens to education and training at the native language is provided with creation of necessary number of educational institutions, classes, groups, and also conditions for their functioning.
(3) Studying of state language of the Republic of Moldova is obligatory in all educational institutions. Requirements to teaching and studying of state language are established by the state educational standard. Responsibility for ensuring process of studying of state language in all educational institutions is conferred on the Ministry of Public Education and bodies of local public authority.
Duration of general compulsory education - nine years. Obligatory school attendance stops at the end of the academic year during which to the pupil 16 years are performed.
(The State and private educational institutions accredited in the procedure established by the law issue 1) to persons who passed final examinations, education documents in which data on levels and steps of the got education, area and level of professional qualification are provided.
(2) Persons who did not pass final examinations receive the certificate or the reference and at their request - the copy of the report card.
(3) the Education documents recognized by the Ministry of Public Education grant to their owner the right to continue education at the following step of training or to hold the position corresponding to its qualification.
(4) Vida and the form and education documents affirm the Ministry of Public Education. Education documents are filled in in state language and language of training, and issued by the highest and average special educational institutions, - in state language, training language, and also the French or English languages.
(5) the Documents confirming gymnasia and lyceum education are issued in the state educational institutions free of charge. Issue of duplicates of documents is performed for a fee in the amount of, established by the Government.
Employment of graduates of educational institutions is performed according to the legislation on work.
For providing continuity of training taking into account age psychophysiological features of the personality the education system is organized on levels and steps and has the following structure:
I. Preschool education
II. Primary education
III. Secondary education:
1. General secondary education:
2. Secondary professional education
IV. Secondary vocational education (colleges)
V. The higher education
VI. Post-university education
The education system includes also other types of education:
- education for adults.
(1) Education in the Republic of Moldova can be state and private.
(2) Educational institutions are legal entities.
(3) Education can be performed in the following forms: day, correspondence, at distance, according to the individual program and on the basis of dual training system.
(4) the Number of children/pupils/students in classes/groups is established
Ministry of Education.
(5) the Education system has open character and provides possibility of transition just seeing training to another according to the provision established by the Ministry of Public Education.
(1) In educational institutions of knowledge are estimated on 10-mark system, and also the marks "offsetting", "not pass grade". Marks 4, of 3, of 2, 1 and "not pass grade" knowledge is recognized unsatisfactory.
(2) the Behaviour of pupils in pre-university educational institutions is estimated by the marks "approximate", "good", "satisfactory", "unsatisfactory".
(2) determination of capabilities of children for acceptance in the 1st class of public school, except for art and sports is not allowed.
(1) Academic year in pre-university educational institutions begins on September 1 and 35 weeks which are distributed on approximately equal trimesters divided by vacation proceed.
(2) Academic year in the highest and average special educational institutions begins on September 1 and no more than 42 weeks divided into two approximately equal semester which include two examinations and the period of practical training to which two periods of vacation are added proceed.
(3) Frequency and duration of vacation, and also duration of lesson (lecture) in pre-university and average special educational institutions and class period in higher educational institutions are established by the Ministry of Public Education.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.