of December 23, 1999 No. 753-XIV
About Service of information and safety of the Republic of Moldova
The Parliament adopts this organic law.
This law determines appointment, the legal basis, the principles, activities, powers, forces and means of Service of information and safety of the Republic of Moldova, and also procedure of control and supervision of its activities.
(1) the Service of information and safety of the Republic of Moldova (further - Service) is the state body specialized in area of ensuring national security by implementation of all proper measures of investigation and counterintelligence, collection, processing, check and use of information necessary for knowledge, the prevention and suppression of any actions which according to the law pose internal or external threat of independence, to sovereignty, unity, territorial integrity, constitutional order, democratic development, internal security of the state, society and citizens, statehood of the Republic of Moldova, to stable functioning of the vital industries of national economy both in the territory of the Republic of Moldova, and beyond its limits.
(2) Activities of Service are subject to parliamentary control.
(3) the Service represents single centralized body which includes divisions of central office of Service and its territorial authorities.
(4) the Number of staff of Service is determined and affirms Parliament according to the proposal of the director of Service. The structure of Service affirms Board of Service according to the proposal of the director of Service.
(5) Territorial authorities are under direct supervision of management of Service. Their placement can not correspond to administrative-territorial division of the Republic of Moldova.
(6) the Service is legal entity, has official and code name, other necessary attributes, accounts in banks, including currency.
(1) the Legal basis of activities of Service is constituted by the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, this law, other legal acts, presidential decrees of the Republic of Moldova and the order of the Government.
(2) Activities of Service are performed also according to international treaties of the Republic of Moldova.
Activities of Service are performed on the basis of the principles:
- respect and observance of human rights and freedoms;
- extra party membership;
- conspiracies, combinations of public and secret methods and means of activities;
- centralization of management of Service, combination of one-man management and collective nature of management.
(1) When implementing the activities the Service provides observance of human rights and freedoms. Restriction of the human rights and freedoms, except as specified, provided by the Constitution and other legal acts is not allowed.
(2) Citizens whose rights and freedoms were broken by officials of Service have the right to appeal actions of the specified officials in higher body of Service, prosecutor's office or degree of jurisdiction. The head of relevant organ of Service, the prosecutor or the judge shall take measures for recovery of the violated rights and freedoms, compensation of the caused damage and involvement of guilty persons to stipulated by the legislation responsibility.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.