of September 22, 2000 No. 1234-XIV
About the procedure of election of the President of the Republic of Moldova
The parliament adopts this organic law.
(1) the President of the Republic of Moldova is elected by Parliament by secret vote.
(2) the Parliament of the same convocation elects the President of the Republic of Moldova once, except for case of giving by him in resignation, its discharges from position, final impossibility of performance it the obligations or death.
(The Organization of election of the president of the Republic of Moldova provides 1): appointment of the day of elections, creation of the special commission on elections of the President of the Republic of Moldova, holding the first round of regular elections at open special parliamentary session.
(3) If the position of the President of the Republic of Moldova becomes vacant owing to his resignation, discharge from position, final inability to fulfill the duties or death, elections of the new President of the Republic of Moldova will be organized in two-month time from the date of discovery of vacancy.
(4) the Election day of the President of the Republic of Moldova is appointed by the resolution of Parliament.
Person with voting power having the nationality of the Republic of Moldova which reached 40-year age can be elected the president of the Republic of Moldova lived or lives in its territory at least 10 years, knows state language and satisfies the conditions provided by this law.
(1) According to the offer of parliamentary fractions the Parliament creates the special commission on elections of the President of the Republic of Moldova (further - the special commission), which:
a) accepts offers on nomination of candidates for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova;
b) checks compliance of candidates to requirements, stipulated in Clause 3;
c) represents to deputies the candidate list and copies of documents on each of them;
d) establishes form and the text of the ballot, makes changes to them;
e) will organize and provides preparation and carrying out vote on candidates for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova;
f) sums up the vote results, declares invalid bulletins:
- which are not signed and in which there is no stamp;
- of which of content intentions of voting are not clear;
- in which all candidates are deleted;
- which include new names;
g) resolves the conflicts and disputes which arose during vote;
h) submits to Parliament for approval results of vote;
i) performs other functions according to this law, the current legislation and the regulations of work of the commission.
(2) Members of the special commission elect the chairman and the secretary, establish circle of the powers, approve regulations of work of the commission.
(3) Meetings of the special commission are competent if there is most of her members; decisions are made by a majority vote. Decisions and protocols of commission sessions are signed by its chairman and the secretary and certified by seal of Parliament of the Republic of Moldova.
(1) the Candidate for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova can be proposed since day of calling of an election:
a) person who independently proposes the nomination supported by at least than 15 deputies;
b) the group including at least 15 deputies.
(2) the Offer on nomination of candidate for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova shall be signed by the deputies supporting the candidate and it is provided to the special commission not later than 3 days about day of elections. Are applied to it:
a) written consent of the candidate and the certificate of state of his health issued to representatives on that by medical institution;
b) the declaration on the income of the candidate for previous year and year in which elections are held;
c) bio data of the candidate.
(3) the Deputies who appended the signatures in support of one candidate have no right to support other nomination. Otherwise the subsequent signature appears invalid.
(4) the Withdrawal of the signature appended in the offer on nomination of candidate for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova is not allowed.
(5) the Candidate for President of the Republic of Moldova can withdraw the candidacy at any time to the announcement of the beginning of vote.
(6) If at the scheduled time the special commission did not register any candidate for President of the Republic of Moldova, it is considered that elections cannot take place, and the resolution of Parliament on setting a date of the corresponding elections is declared invalid. According to the offer of the parliamentary Parliament fractions in time no more than 30 days appoints new date of regular elections of the President of the Republic of Moldova.
(1) Regular elections of the President of the Republic of Moldova are held at open special parliamentary session in the day appointed according to Article 2.
(2) Open special parliamentary session on election of the president of the Republic of Moldova, and also actually presidential elections are recognized valid if they took part in them at least three fifth from number elected deputies (61 deputies).
(3) In this law are understood as actually presidential elections registration of presence of deputies at open special session, receipt of the ballot by them, vote in the procedure established by the special commission.
4) If participated in election of the president of the Republic of Moldova less than three fifth from number elected deputies, elections are considered cancelled, and the Parliament in time no more than 30 days appoints new date of elections.
(The Chairman of the special commission or one of her members represents 1) to Parliament of candidates for President of the Republic of Moldova.
(2) Each of candidates is granted the right to address Parliament and to answer questions of deputies.
(3) the Representative of group of deputies who proposed the candidate for position of the President of the Republic of Moldova had the right to support the candidate.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 40000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.