It is registered
Ministry of Justice
Republic of Tajikistan
On January 4, 2011 No. 31
of December 29, 2010 No. 671
About food security
This Law determines the main directions of state policy in the field of ensuring food security as component of safety of the state, according to the conventional international principles and regulations.
The basic concepts used in this Law:
- food security - state of the economy of the state in case of which due to own production food security of the country is ensured and is guaranteed the physical availability necessary for active and healthy life, providing demographic increase;
- ensuring food security - development and implementation of the political, social, economic, technical, information and other measures directed to population requirements satisfaction in the vital food at the level of optimum evidence-based regulations of consumption and the prevention of food crises is preferential due to own production;
- the vital food - the food which are on structure and amounts country population diet basis;
- physiological regulations of consumption of food - evidence-based regulations of consumption of feedstuffs and energies confirmed with authorized state body in the field of health care, satisfying needs of all healthy people for necessary feedstuffs and energy;
- food crisis - situation in which providing the population with the vital food according to physiological regulations of consumption of food is under the threat on all or considerable part of the territory of the country and this threat can be eliminated only using state regulation, and if necessary and with participation of the international organizations;
- food independence - condition of ensuring food security of the country under which in case of the termination of deliveries of food from abroad there is no food crisis;
- the necessary production rate of food - the production rate of the vital food and food raw material domestic manufacturers calculated on the basis of the average per capita need of the population for the main foodstuff taking into account distribution of the population on age, sex, labor conditions, climate and also on other features of diet and settlement export volumes in case of which food security of the state is guaranteed;
- physical product availability of power supply - uninterrupted receipt of food to places of their consumption in the amounts sufficient for population requirements satisfaction;
- economic product availability of power supply - possibility of acquisition by the population of food according to physiological regulations of consumption of food under the existing structures of consumption, price system, level of the income, social benefits and the existing privileges;
- the state food inventory - the component of material state inventory created for the purpose of prevention of food crisis or liquidation of its effects, the Government of the Republic of Tajikistan for use.
The legislation of the Republic of Tajikistan on food security is based on the Constitution of the Republic of Tajikistan and consists of this Law, other regulatory legal acts, and also the international legal acts recognized by Tajikistan.
1. Food security and independence are provided by creation of guarantees of availability of food to the population due to own production on physiological regulations of consumption, by means of implementation of package of measures by state bodies.
2. The main directions of providing food safety and independence are:
- establishment of the list of the vital food;
- ensuring appropriate level of production of food and forming of the state food inventory, irrespective of negative impact of internal and external factors;
- organization of management system agricultural sector, preserving and volumetric gain of competitive and import-substituting food;
- ensuring safe import according to requirements of technical regulations, standards and standard rates;
- development of foreign economic activity, including balance of export and import;
- realization of effective agrarian policy;
- the organization of operational purchase, delivery and distribution of the vital food for the population in case of food crisis or threat of its origin;
- monitoring of market situation of food and agricultural raw materials;
- development is information - communication technologies in trade in food and agricultural raw materials;
- implementation of the state control of the food market, including accounting and production control, internal and external deliveries and forming of food inventory;
- ensuring development of the food market and elimination of barriers in interregional trade, including upon purchase of agricultural products, raw materials and food for state-financed organizations;
- forming of system of availability of food to the needing categories of the population.
3. In case of food crisis or its threat, executive bodies of the government for limited time can establish normative distribution of food.
The basic principles of ensuring food security are:
- ensuring equal access to the food market of the organizations and the companies irrespective of legal and organizational forms;
- non-admission of decrease in the reached level of ensuring food security at the national level;
- providing the state support of agricultural products to domestic manufacturers, raw materials and food on competitive basis;
- program and target method of forming of food resources;
- acceptance of management decisions on the basis of monitoring for the purpose of forming and maintenance of balance of the domestic food market;
- assistance to increase in role of non-profit, industry and other organizations in the field of production, deliveries and conversions of agricultural products, raw materials and food;
- openness of information on condition of the food market;
- complete harmonization of requirements to food products;
- compliance of quality of the made, imported and implementable food products to requirements of the legislation on safety of food products;
- forming, updating and replenishment of the state resources of food products, irrespective of impact of internal and external factors;
- the organization of effective agrarian production on the basis of target use and management of natural resources for the purpose of providing the population with food, and the industry by agricultural raw materials in the amounts necessary for strong growth of economy and social development of the country.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.