of July 29, 1994
We, plenipotentiaries of the people of the Republic of Moldova, deputies of Parliament,
Based on the century aspiration of the people to live in the sovereign country, expressed in declaration of independence of the Republic of Moldova;
CONSIDERING continuous statehood of the Moldavian people in historical and ethnic space of its national formation;
AIMING at satisfaction of interests of the citizens of other ethnic origin constituting the people of the Republic of Moldova together with Moldavians;
RECOGNIZING the constitutional state, the civil world, democracy, advantage of the person, its right and freedom, free development of the human person, justice and political pluralism as the supreme values;
UNDERSTANDING the responsibility and debt to last, present and future generations;
CONFIRMING our commitment to universal values, aspiration to live in peace with all people of the world in compliance in the conventional principles and rules of international law,
we accept the Constitution of the Republic of Moldova, proclaiming it the SUPREME LAW of SOCIETY AND STATE.
(1) the Republic of Moldova - the sovereign and independent, single and indivisible state.
(2) the Form of government - the republic.
(3) the Republic of Moldova - the democratic constitutional state in which advantage of the person, its rights and freedom, free development of the human person, justice and political pluralism are the supreme values and are guaranteed.
(1) National sovereignty belongs to the people of the Republic of Moldova performing it it is direct also through the representative bodies in the forms determined by the Constitution.
(2) Any individual, any part of the people, any social group, any political party or other public association cannot perform the government on its own behalf. Usurpation of the government is worst crime against the people.
(1) the Territory of the Republic of Moldova is inaliennable.
(1) the Constitutional regulations on human rights and freedoms are interpreted and applied according to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, pacts and other agreements, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova.
(2) with discrepancies between pacts and agreements on fundamental human rights, one of the parties of which is the Republic of Moldova, and the internal laws the international standards have priority.
(1) Democracy in the Republic of Moldova is performed in the conditions of the political pluralism incompatible with dictatorship and totalitarianism.
(2) No ideology can be established as official state ideology.
In the Republic of Moldova the legislative, executive and judicial authorities are divided and interact when implementing the prerogatives according to Constitution provisions.
The constitution of the Republic of Moldova is the supreme law. Any law or other legal act contradicting Constitution provisions have no legal force.
(1) the Republic of Moldova Articles of organization of the United Nations and agreements shall observe, one of the parties of which it is, to build the relations with other states on the conventional principles and rules of international law.
(1) the Property can be public and private. It consists of material and intellectual values.
(1) the Basis of the state is made by unity of the people of the Republic of Moldova. The Republic of Moldova is the general and indivisible homeland of all her citizens.
(1) the Republic of Moldova proclaims the permanent neutrality.
(2) the Republic of Moldova does not allow placement in the territory of armed forces of other states.
(1) the Republic of Moldova has flag, the coat of arms and the anthem.
(2) National flag of the Republic of Moldova is the tricolor. Color strips are located vertically in the following sequence from staff: blue, yellow, red. In the center, on yellow strip, the State Emblem of the Republic of Moldova is represented.
(3) the State Emblem of the Republic of Moldova represents the crossed board, above - the red field, below - blue. In the center of board the head of tour between which horns - eight-beam star, to the right of the head - five-petal rose, at the left - the half moon turned and slightly inclined to the left is represented. All elements on board golden (yellow). The board is placed on breast of the natural eagle holding in beak gold cross (eagle crusader) in claws on the right - green olive branch, at the left - gold scepter.
(4) the National anthem of the Republic of Moldova is established by the organic law.
(5) the Flag, the coat of arms and the anthem are the state symbols of the Republic of Moldova and are protected by the law.
(1) the State language of the Republic of Moldova is the Moldavian language functioning on the basis of Latin graphics.
(3) the State promotes studying of languages of the international communication.
(4) the Procedure for functioning of languages in the territory of the Republic of Moldova is established by the organic law.
The capital of the Republic of Moldova is the city of Chisinau.
Citizens of the Republic of Moldova have the rights and freedoms set by the Constitution and other laws and have the obligations provided by them.
(1) the Respect and protection of the personality constitute paramount obligation of the state.
(2) All citizens of the Republic of Moldova are equal before the law and the authorities irrespective of race, nationality, ethnic origin, language, religion, floor, views, political affiliation, property status or social origin.
(1) Citizens of the Republic of Moldova use protection of the state as within the country, and beyond its limits.
(2) Citizens of the Republic of Moldova cannot be issued to other state or are sent from the country.
Disclaimer! This text was translated by AI translator and is not a valid juridical document. No warranty. No claim. More info
Database include more 50000 documents. You can find needed documents using search system. For effective work you can mix any on documents parameters: country, documents type, date range, teams or tags.
More about search system
If you cannot find the required document, or you do not know where to begin, go to Help section.
In this section, we’ve tried to describe in detail the features and capabilities of the system, as well as the most effective techniques for working with the database.
You also may open the section Frequently asked questions. This section provides answers to questions set by users.